Home

Interception after interception after interception...

This is a discussion on Interception after interception after interception... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interception after interception after interception...

I can't possibly be the only one that is getting intercepted every other series. Am I?

I'm new to this game but have played Madden for a few years so I, at least, have a clue. I'm sure 9 out of 10 of you are better than me but that's another story for another day.

It seems like no matter what play I run or where I throw the computer seems to come out of nowhere to steal the ball.

What's up? When I was playing on FRESHMAN I was doing well and scoring way more than I thought I should with very few turnovers. Once I bumped it up to ALL-AMERICAN this turned into a huge problem. For the heck of it, I decided to jump up to HEISMAN and I think gameplay has gotten a little more realistic (maybe) but still having the same troubles.

What's up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Interception after interception after interception...

Sliders? Bullet passing?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Stop throwing into coverage?
Old 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
Sliders? Bullet passing?
Nothing against you, but I don't like how when someone says I throw too many ints the first answer is always to adjust sliders. How about before adjusting sliders they should look at what they are doing wrong? Learn to play smarter football.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #5
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Nothing against you, but I don't like how when someone says I throw too many ints the first answer is always to adjust sliders. How about before adjusting sliders they should look at what they are doing wrong? Learn to play smarter football.
Please. We all know this game has certain circumstances where the DBs make picks they have no business making. Warping from way out of position, through the WR to grab the ball. Reacting to a pass when their backs are turned at the INSTANT the button is pushed, and timing routes are a disaster. So by "play smarter football" you must mean "adjust to the wildly unrealistic gameplay" and compensate. Which I agree with. If you're playing this like real football you're in for a surprise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

The CPU knows if you are throwing or running. Even if you audible they will audible, too.

The DBs are psychic and have eyes in the back of their heads. Even if you audible and then do a hot route the DBs are still psychic.

Combine the 2 and you see an inordinate amount of INTs.

NCAA needs a separate "reaction time" slider like Madden. With that slider it is easy to eliminate psychic DBs.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
Please. We all know this game has certain circumstances where the DBs make picks they have no business making. Warping from way out of position, through the WR to grab the ball. Reacting to a pass when their backs are turned at the INSTANT the button is pushed, and timing routes are a disaster. So by "play smarter football" you must mean "adjust to the wildly unrealistic gameplay" and compensate. Which I agree with. If you're playing this like real football you're in for a surprise.
I have not experienced the same problems as you. There is the occasional interception that makes me scratch my head but it is nowhere as bad as you suggest. What tends to happen is that people see one instance where a questionable play occurs and then later attribute all ints to the superhuman DBs.

I have had a fairly realistic experience playing NCAA.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Sliders, sliders, sliders.

And the jump from Frosh to ANY higher level is met by a HUGE jump in psychic DB powers. Ratings mean nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »