Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus (/forums/showthread.php?t=520421)

RaychelSnr 10-26-2011 11:30 AM

Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

The “Y” button on my Xbox 360 controller makes a horrible squeaking noise, as if Ndamukong Suh had squashed it like Jay Cutler.

For anyone who has logged any significant amount of time playing Madden 12's revamped franchise mode, they probably have a similar controller-busting story of navigating the muddled menus the mode has to offer.

That poor Y button — the good ol’ “triangle” for you PS3 users — is getting a lot of work these days. The poor menu system is one of the most popular gripes on forums filled with Madden fans willing to vent their views on the game.

It has me asking 'Why?'

But don’t fret, there are ways to mitigate the muddled mess of the franchise menus.

Read More - Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

dukebeatsuncagain 10-26-2011 11:34 AM

People really complain that much about the menu in this game? Wow. People will find any reason they can to complain about a game I guess. I would say there are thousands of things more important in my life than the menu of a video game.

GrandMaster B 10-26-2011 11:44 AM

I don't find it complicated at all.

C the Lyte 10-26-2011 11:46 AM

Re: Making the Most out of Madden NFL 12's Muddled Franchise Menus

2k's right-stick crap is way worse than this.

kpkpkp 10-26-2011 11:52 AM

Man... I wish this were the only problem with the new and "improved" franchise mode in M12.

Then I'd be a happy gamer... Unicorns and Glitter!!

But in general having to hit a button or flick a stick to access a main menu from the main menu is redundant.

The Madden dev team should really consider help from someone who is an interface expert.

Or just go back to last years interface...

huskerwr38 10-26-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2043027132)
Man... I wish this were the only problem with the new and "improved" franchise mode in M12.

Then I'd be a happy gamer... Unicorns and Glitter!!

But in general having to hit a button or flick a stick to access a main menu from the main menu is redundant.

The Madden dev team should really consider help from someone who is an interface expert.

Or just go back to last years interface...

For some reason I really thought we would be getting an interface like Head Coach 09. That is probably one of the best interfaces I've ever seen in a game. It was really nice to look at, everything flowed perfectly, very intuitive, and everything was really easy to access.

AgaliareptX 10-26-2011 01:36 PM

You guys have got to be kidding. When Madden first came out, everyone was complaining about this. I guess people must've gotten used to it or something. :nocomprende: Anyway, I still hate these menus. They take forever to pop up and they're ugly as sin. Half the tabs are useless and they're nowhere near as detailed as they should be for a franchise mode. NBA 2k is lightyears ahead, especially with their actual news displays and intuitive right-stick controls.

Cardot 10-26-2011 01:42 PM

I also am not a fan of the menu's. I am not sure why EA (or 2K and their right thumbstick for that matter) need to mess with this. No need for them to get clever as menu's were perfected back on Tecmo Superbowl.

On a related note, the stat screens annoy me too. As I scroll down, each player is expanded by about 4X....Why????