Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Components of a great dynasty thread? (/forums/showthread.php?t=527183)

AnchiKai2 12-10-2011 03:37 PM

Components of a great dynasty thread?

:wave: As I embark on my first OS NFL HC09 Dynasty thread, I was curious as to what you all consider to be important (and much more enjoyable) components/piece of a well-designed dynasty thread. Story lines? Graphs? Video snapshots? Please feel free to comment on your thoughts. Much appreciated. Take care and happy gaming!!!

Wheeler Dealer 12-10-2011 05:45 PM

Re: Components of a great dynasty thread?

I enjoy a good story. A little window dressing makes it a lot more fun than just telling about a game we play. I've seen several here that do an excellent job of that. :y220e:

Mike3207 12-10-2011 06:23 PM

A great dynasty thread is one that gets updated:laugh:.

In all seriousness, make your reader care about your coach and team. A lot will depend on whether you sim or play. I used to describe every scoring play, but I found out it took a lot of time. If you sim, you might try and let people know about the players and the seasons they have.

I don't use a big graphical element except when I use generators, but that's the way I do things. If you enjoy including a graphical element, use it frequently. Some narrative is important, but do it in a way that works for you.Make sure your dynasty is done in a way you like, and do your best to make your readers like it too.

ebongreen 12-12-2011 11:23 AM

Tell what you learn about being a better player/coach/GM as you go. Share not just your joy but your lessons.

AnchiKai2 12-12-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebongreen (Post 2043164011)
Tell what you learn about being a better player/coach/GM as you go. Share not just your joy but your lessons.

Now this a good idea. You have given me a good idea ebongreen. Thanks to all of you for your input. And please feel free to add more. I will try to model my current dynasty based on your feedback/responses to this question. :y220e: