Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   A few different questions I haven't found (/forums/showthread.php?t=534124)

Jonatello 01-26-2012 03:28 PM

A few different questions I haven't found

Hi everyone. I'm a long-time lurker (not super frequent, but I check in from time to time), not sure if I've ever actually posted something.

There are a few various things I've been wondering about. Please forgive me if these have already been addressed (I'm sure they have at some point) I promise I have searched (here and elsewhere) but just haven't found much.

GAMEPLAN (SUBSTITUTIONS/FORMATIONS/DEPTH)
1a. Is it possible to use a player at other positions? It seems very restrictive for me. I can't even put a HB in at FB, much less something more fun like a QB at WR or a WR at CB.
1b. Is this what Two-Way ability is supposed to do? Does it give a player the ability to play offense and defense? I have a player with it but can't seem to figure out where it manifests.

EDITING
2. With regards to hex/finn editing, is there a limit to the number of abilities a single player can have? I know the limit to what is at least displayed in the game when viewing a player's info is something like 5 or 6, but does that mean if I get excited and give a stud 10 abilities, the last 4 or 5 will be removed or they just won't be listed? (PS: i don't play online, so i'm not trying to cheat, just have some offline fun my own way)

3. Do we know what Run Style values do? i see "1, 50, 99" referenced here and there...what happens if a player is given a 27?

WORK-AROUNDS:
4. I LOVE the trick for getting multiple roster files via saved seasons, but has anyone found a way to get more than 20 CAPS in a single roster file?

other questions include controls, etc, but I don't want to go overkill right now. Insight into the above would be awesome!

Culture Rot 01-26-2012 07:10 PM

Re: A few different questions I haven't found

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonatello (Post 2043306710)
Hi everyone. I'm a long-time lurker (not super frequent, but I check in from time to time), not sure if I've ever actually posted something.

There are a few various things I've been wondering about. Please forgive me if these have already been addressed (I'm sure they have at some point) I promise I have searched (here and elsewhere) but just haven't found much.

GAMEPLAN (SUBSTITUTIONS/FORMATIONS/DEPTH)
1a. Is it possible to use a player at other positions? It seems very restrictive for me. I can't even put a HB in at FB, much less something more fun like a QB at WR or a WR at CB.
1b. Is this what Two-Way ability is supposed to do? Does it give a player the ability to play offense and defense? I have a player with it but can't seem to figure out where it manifests.

EDITING
2. With regards to hex/finn editing, is there a limit to the number of abilities a single player can have? I know the limit to what is at least displayed in the game when viewing a player's info is something like 5 or 6, but does that mean if I get excited and give a stud 10 abilities, the last 4 or 5 will be removed or they just won't be listed? (PS: i don't play online, so i'm not trying to cheat, just have some offline fun my own way)

3. Do we know what Run Style values do? i see "1, 50, 99" referenced here and there...what happens if a player is given a 27?

WORK-AROUNDS:
4. I LOVE the trick for getting multiple roster files via saved seasons, but has anyone found a way to get more than 20 CAPS in a single roster file?

other questions include controls, etc, but I don't want to go overkill right now. Insight into the above would be awesome!

You can put players at whatever position you want via substitutions

Jonatello 01-26-2012 09:07 PM

Re: A few different questions I haven't found

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx (Post 2043307389)
You can put players at whatever position you want via substitutions

wow really? that's great news if i've just been overlooking something obvious.

All i see is other players of that same position when I go to make a substitution, but I may have completely overlooked something. I'm gonna go back now, look harder and hopefully see something I missed lol