Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable (/forums/showthread.php?t=55115)

papi555 10-08-2003 02:28 AM

Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable

Me and 2 of my friends started a mulitplayer franchise and whadda ya know, week one my dallas team plays a cpu run atlanta team. So we goto play the game and my boy can't be atlanta, it will only allow you to play mulitplayer against the cpu. This is ridiculous! So basically unless you wanna play against the cpu sometimes you have to simulate some games. How could VC screw something so simple up? Anyone else get annoyed by this stupidity yet? Hope its not a problem in basketball!

Heelfan71 10-08-2003 04:10 AM

Re: Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable

jmood88 10-08-2003 07:51 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
papi555 said:
Me and 2 of my friends started a mulitplayer franchise and whadda ya know, week one my dallas team plays a cpu run atlanta team. So we goto play the game and my boy can't be atlanta, it will only allow you to play mulitplayer against the cpu. This is ridiculous! So basically unless you wanna play against the cpu sometimes you have to simulate some games. How could VC screw something so simple up? Anyone else get annoyed by this stupidity yet? Hope its not a problem in basketball!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

If you want to play against atlanta so bad why don't you just run the atlanta team? Or if you want to play your boy so bad why don't you just do an exhibition game? This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anybody complain about. Just shut up.

MSRoble33 10-08-2003 07:55 AM

How's it stupid? He and a buddy wanna play a franchise... even though they'll both control their respective teams, they, for some reason, can't play against each other in Franchise mode.. it's supposed to be "Multi-player Franchise" not "Multiplayer, except when against another human, Franchise"

Granted it's no problem for me cause I only do 1-player franchises but still.

jmood88 10-08-2003 07:58 AM

MSRoble33 said:
How's it stupid? He and a buddy wanna play a franchise... even though they'll both control their respective teams, they, for some reason, can't play against each other in Franchise mode.. it's supposed to be "Multi-player Franchise" not "Multiplayer, except when against another human, Franchise"

Granted it's no problem for me cause I only do 1-player franchises but still.

He doesn't control the atlanta team. Why should he be able to play as a team that he doesn't control?

fossen 10-08-2003 08:01 AM

MSRoble33 said:

No - that's not what he's complaining about. I don't think.

I think he's saying that he has a multiplayer franchise. he controls the Boyz, and his friend controls .... someone. He has a game against Atlanta (a team his friend does not control), and is upset because his friend cant play as the Atlanta team. Again: his friend does not control the Atlanta team, and once you pick a team in franchise you can only play as that team.

So he'd like a multiplayer franchise where they each control a team except that they can also control teams the other guy is playing (just for on-the-field play), but if the other guys isn't around the CPU ahould play as the CPU team.

Which it a bit of a stretch when finding things to complain about.

Heelfan71 10-08-2003 08:02 AM

Guess you will have to use teams that don't play each other.

MSRoble33 10-08-2003 08:22 AM

Oh, my bad.. you're right. I mis-read that.

Why would you want to have a buddy play as your opponent in a franchise anyway? I mean, unless your opponent is his "actual" team he's controlling..