Home

Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable

This is a discussion on Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2003, 02:28 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable

Me and 2 of my friends started a mulitplayer franchise and whadda ya know, week one my dallas team plays a cpu run atlanta team. So we goto play the game and my boy can't be atlanta, it will only allow you to play mulitplayer against the cpu. This is ridiculous! So basically unless you wanna play against the cpu sometimes you have to simulate some games. How could VC screw something so simple up? Anyone else get annoyed by this stupidity yet? Hope its not a problem in basketball!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2003, 04:10 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Big Franchise Problem, unbelievable

Old 10-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

papi555 said:
Me and 2 of my friends started a mulitplayer franchise and whadda ya know, week one my dallas team plays a cpu run atlanta team. So we goto play the game and my boy can't be atlanta, it will only allow you to play mulitplayer against the cpu. This is ridiculous! So basically unless you wanna play against the cpu sometimes you have to simulate some games. How could VC screw something so simple up? Anyone else get annoyed by this stupidity yet? Hope its not a problem in basketball!

If you want to play against atlanta so bad why don't you just run the atlanta team? Or if you want to play your boy so bad why don't you just do an exhibition game? This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard anybody complain about. Just shut up.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:55 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

How's it stupid? He and a buddy wanna play a franchise... even though they'll both control their respective teams, they, for some reason, can't play against each other in Franchise mode.. it's supposed to be "Multi-player Franchise" not "Multiplayer, except when against another human, Franchise"

Granted it's no problem for me cause I only do 1-player franchises but still.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #5
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

MSRoble33 said:
How's it stupid? He and a buddy wanna play a franchise... even though they'll both control their respective teams, they, for some reason, can't play against each other in Franchise mode.. it's supposed to be "Multi-player Franchise" not "Multiplayer, except when against another human, Franchise"

Granted it's no problem for me cause I only do 1-player franchises but still.

He doesn't control the atlanta team. Why should he be able to play as a team that he doesn't control?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2003, 08:01 AM   #6
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

MSRoble33 said:

No - that's not what he's complaining about. I don't think.

I think he's saying that he has a multiplayer franchise. he controls the Boyz, and his friend controls .... someone. He has a game against Atlanta (a team his friend does not control), and is upset because his friend cant play as the Atlanta team. Again: his friend does not control the Atlanta team, and once you pick a team in franchise you can only play as that team.

So he'd like a multiplayer franchise where they each control a team except that they can also control teams the other guy is playing (just for on-the-field play), but if the other guys isn't around the CPU ahould play as the CPU team.

Which it a bit of a stretch when finding things to complain about.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:02 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Guess you will have to use teams that don't play each other.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:22 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Oh, my bad.. you're right. I mis-read that.

Why would you want to have a buddy play as your opponent in a franchise anyway? I mean, unless your opponent is his "actual" team he's controlling..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »