Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Making duplicate numbers (/forums/showthread.php?t=562022)

TreyDobbs 07-17-2012 10:35 PM

Making duplicate numbers

Is there a trick to make duplicate numbers on the same team this year?

CWSapp757 07-17-2012 10:40 PM

Re: Making duplicate numbers

Nah, they took the glitch out so we could not do any players with duplicate numbers unfortunately.

TreyDobbs 07-17-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWSapp757 (Post 2043893717)
Nah, they took the glitch out so we could not do any players with duplicate numbers unfortunately.

Damn. That sucks. I wonder if it's possible to implement that in one of the updates EA puts out during the year....

NEOPARADIGM 07-19-2012 01:27 PM

What's the big deal about duplicate numbers in the first place? Like if I want my whole team to wear the same number, who cares? Will it break the game or something? Just another unnecessary, arbitrary limitation placed on us, like no custom controller mapping and no custom time & weather in dynasty.

Cynick 07-19-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM (Post 2043900536)
What's the big deal about duplicate numbers in the first place? Like if I want my whole team to wear the same number, who cares? Will it break the game or something? Just another unnecessary, arbitrary limitation placed on us, like no custom controller mapping and no custom time & weather in dynasty.

The reason given was that people would use the same number on every player in online games to disguise players. Like you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a backup tightend and an impact player receiver.

ActLikeYouCrow 07-19-2012 07:55 PM

it would be nice if they didnt use the most ridiculous excuses for things not being in the game. the default numbers would still show up for regular online games. if youre in an online dynasty and someone is switching all his players to the same number, um iono, kick him out? plus theyre ignoring the fact that you can already have two players with the same number on the field at the same time on the game.

malcomha 07-19-2012 11:58 PM

I wonder if it's possible to implement that in one of the updates EA puts out during the year

St3fN_sTrApS 07-20-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malcomha (Post 2043903304)
I wonder if it's possible to implement that in one of the updates EA puts out during the year

I would imagine so. I mean how hard could it really be?? I really wish they would already. It annoys me when I'm editing rosters and have to choose whether the offensive or defensive player gets the number that they both wear realistically. PLEASE EA!!!!