Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Understanding slider coefficients (/forums/showthread.php?t=588581)

JasonWilliams55 10-29-2012 06:13 PM

Re: Understanding slider coefficients

Quote:

Originally Posted by Optik (Post 2044375797)
Fascinating stuff, if there were 6 stars available I would give it to this thread. So since the CPU AI on you're DON'T get a boost, does playing on a difficulty (sliders unchanged), higher than Pro against another human, feel different to playing on Pro, or is it true that the shooting window is smaller as well as the windows for stealing, blocking etc.?

Okay tested 2 controllers, no boost to either USER on any of the difficulty levels, ratings stayed true. So in fact all difficulty would change online would be release/timing windows (not counting any slider adjustments done).

ThisIsWeaponX 10-29-2012 06:25 PM

What about playing in online associations that have User vs User games and User vs CPU games?
I want to change the sliders so CPU games are easier to play, and not have it effect the User vs User games. I don't want to tweak any CPU sliders yet, because I'm unsure what it will do to User vs User games or if it will do anything at all.

JasonWilliams55 10-29-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsWeaponX (Post 2044376218)
What about playing in online associations that have User vs User games and User vs CPU games?
I want to change the sliders so CPU games are easier to play, and not have it effect the User vs User games. I don't want to tweak any CPU sliders yet, because I'm unsure what it will do to User vs User games or if it will do anything at all.

I'll check two controllers with HUM default sliders, CPU sliders adjusted to see if it effects as Home/Away sliders as in the past.

Also remember having it on anything other than Pro will result in the CPU getting attribute boost in HUM v CPU games. I will try and determine if lowering just the CPU to negate out their boost, will result in any decrease in USER away team ratings.

jdizzle45 10-29-2012 07:37 PM

I tried this out and didn't notice an increase in the specific attribute I increased but did see a jump in players overall rating. I did this for the team I was playing as

JasonWilliams55 10-29-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdizzle45 (Post 2044376487)
I tried this out and didn't notice an increase in the specific attribute I increased but did see a jump in players overall rating. I did this for the team I was playing as

Don't know what to tell ya. What attribute was it? How much did you raise it? If the overall changed, then something changed to change that. Did you scroll all the way over to make sure? Again I don't know what to tell ya.

JasonWilliams55 10-29-2012 08:17 PM

Video I quickly made showing the slider effects. http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nvr5sm&s=6

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v6.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=nvr5sm&s=6" height="420" width="440">
Original Video - More videos at TinyPic

JasonWilliams55 10-29-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThisIsWeaponX (Post 2044376218)

Okay checked out two controllers, HUM default 50, CPU 40 across the board.

Put USER controller on both sides, checked subs, no rating changes. Took on USER off, checked subs, ratings dropped.

So with that, you should be able to adjust HUM and CPU separately in OAs.

It seems they got rid of HUM being HOME and CPU being AWAY this year. Thank god. Now your still gonna have to deal with the difficulty rating changes by the CPU, which you can negate by lowering their attribute sliders down.

Pro = rating
AS = +5
SS = +7
HoF = +10

So to negate difficulty CPU boost, lower all these attributes to 46 or 47 for AS, 45 for SS, 43 for HoF.

Dunk
Ball Sec
Handles
Block
Steal
Both REBs
Both AWRs
Strength
Vert
SOD and SIT
Quickness
Hustle
Hands
On Ball Def
Standing Dunk

ThisIsWeaponX 10-29-2012 08:42 PM

wow. This helps out so much, youre the best man!
Thanks for your help with the sliders.

Going to try to adjust the sliders in my OA and I'll let you know how it is.