Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   College Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   NFL Draft Early Entrees (/forums/showthread.php?t=594800)

Jr. 12-14-2012 06:19 PM

Re: NFL Draft Early Entrees

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shibito (Post 2044527480)
I think he's the top rated RB prospect by quite a few analysts. Hard to turn that down with so many RB's having a short shelf life.

Yep, no sense in sticking around and suffering a major injury the likes of Lattimore. If you're going to get hurt, might as well get paid while you can't play.

Chrisksaint 12-14-2012 07:25 PM

Runningbacks have no reason to stay longer then they have to if they are going to be drafted, RBs are becoming a position with a short life.

cdawg44 12-16-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximized98 (Post 2044527421)
Giovani Benard is opting to go in the NFL Draft. What is up with Soph leaving early?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...ares-nfl-draft

I would have had his head examined if he stayed another year. He needed to go. More than likely a 2nd round pick.

volstopfan14 12-17-2012 06:14 PM

Justin Hunter has declared for the draft. Tennessee RT Ja'Wuan James has officially decided to return for his senior season.

Hunter has a ton of talent and potential. He really needs a good WR coach at the next level to help him improve at the little things that seperate a good WR from a great WR.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...2013-nfl-draft

CrimsonGator96 12-17-2012 10:56 PM

Stedman Bailey will go pro, according to Dana Holgorsen.

seasprite 12-18-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volstopfan14 (Post 2044536022)
Justin Hunter has declared for the draft. Tennessee RT Ja'Wuan James has officially decided to return for his senior season.

Hunter has a ton of talent and potential. He really needs a good WR coach at the next level to help him improve at the little things that seperate a good WR from a great WR.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/b...2013-nfl-draft

If we had decent coaching instead of the suck that Dooley brought and if Charlie Baggett had stayed on board, there is no doubt in my mind that Hunter would have been an All American here at UT. I think he will do very well in the NFL.

volstopfan14 12-18-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seasprite (Post 2044538132)
If we had decent coaching instead of the suck that Dooley brought and if Charlie Baggett had stayed on board, there is no doubt in my mind that Hunter would have been an All American here at UT. I think he will do very well in the NFL.

I agree. Our WR coaching was awful last year. They were undisciplined, dropped passes, ran poor routes, and didn't block. Hinshaw was a good recruiter, but a poor WR coach.

maximized98 12-18-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volstopfan14 (Post 2044538548)
I agree. Our WR coaching was awful last year. They were undisciplined, dropped passes, ran poor routes, and didn't block. Hinshaw was a good recruiter, but a poor WR coach.

How is that the coaches fault ?

If a WR doesn't block, and he drops passes, that is on the WR not the coach.

If you are a WR, you should already know that you are supposed to block, long before you get to college.