Home

NFL Draft Early Entrees

This is a discussion on NFL Draft Early Entrees within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
NFL Draft Early Entrees

If this doesn't need it's own thread it can be closed. But I figured it would be nice to have a place to keep track of who has officially declared and have some discussion about the merits of those declaring.

Marcus Lattimore entering NFL Draft: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...l-draft-source

Quote:
Lattimore understands he may have to sit out the upcoming season, but has a goal of jogging and catching passes at the end of March for NFL executives, and plans to visit with them at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis.
It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. The talent is obvious, but 2 serious knee injuries will concern a lot of GMs I'm sure.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NFL Draft Early Entrees

Ohio St. DT Jonathan Hankins declares for draft.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
Ohio St. DT Jonathan Hankins declares for draft.
He's going to be a very, very good pro. Wish we could've had him for another year, but with first round money on the table you gotta go.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
He's going to be a very, very good pro. Wish we could've had him for another year, but with first round money on the table you gotta go.
First round money isn't much anymore, but ya, being a potential first round pick is hard to pass on.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #5
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
If this doesn't need it's own thread it can be closed. But I figured it would be nice to have a place to keep track of who has officially declared and have some discussion about the merits of those declaring.

Marcus Lattimore entering NFL Draft: http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/sto...l-draft-source

It'll be interesting to see where he gets drafted. The talent is obvious, but 2 serious knee injuries will concern a lot of GMs I'm sure.
Smart Move. He will be a similar case to Willis McGahee where he got injured, then drafted and was able to rehab during his first year

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Smart Move. He will be a similar case to Willis McGahee where he got injured, then drafted and was able to rehab during his first year
Yeah, but I wonder if he'll still go in the first round. Lattimore has an equally devastating knee injury that McGahee had.... plus another injury in the other knee.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #7
MVP

cdawg44's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Yeah, but I wonder if he'll still go in the first round. Lattimore has an equally devastating knee injury that McGahee had.... plus another injury in the other knee.
I doubt it. But you have to remember that almost all running backs are not first round anymore. With teams finding guys like Arian Foster, there is no need to invest that high of a pick anymore. Even if he was healthy, he was a 2nd round pick at best. Lattimore probably goes to a team with a boatload a picks in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round IMHO.

My Teams:
NCAA Football: USC Trojans
NCAA Basketball: UNC Tarheels
NFL: Houston Texans
Premier League: Arsenal
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes
Old 12-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
I doubt it. But you have to remember that almost all running backs are not first round anymore. With teams finding guys like Arian Foster, there is no need to invest that high of a pick anymore. Even if he was healthy, he was a 2nd round pick at best. Lattimore probably goes to a team with a boatload a picks in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round IMHO.
The guys with no doubt talent are still going in the first round (Trent Richardson, for instance). Lattimore was a top 10 talent, but that's a good point that teams are much less willing to use top picks on RBs. I agree that he will likely be taken after the 3rd round.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »