Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Hockey Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Seb170455's Pittsburgh Penguins: Fighting Penguins have to start over.(NHL13) (/forums/showthread.php?t=604687)

seb170455 02-10-2013 06:13 PM

Seb170455's Pittsburgh Penguins: Fighting Penguins have to start over.(NHL13)

Seb170455's Pittsburgh Penguins: Fighting Penguins have to start over.(NHL13)

General Manager: Sebastiaan Jansen

Game: EA Sports NLH 13 (PS3)
Roster: EA Update 24.01.2013
Tuner: Latest version
GM Skill Level: Hard
Skill Level: All Star
Game Style: Hardcore
Slider: AlTito's NHL 13 Sliders 02.02.2013 version
GM Firing: Off
Period Length: 8 minutes
Salary Cap: On

I will play all of my games (when possible). This is a new difficulty level for me, so it will be a real test! I try to give all of my stats each game. I do a 20 or 30 game update on the standings/stats. The trades/free agent signings/waiver claims will be given as much as possible. My backup goaltender will only play back-to-back games, unless both goalies are on the same level.

I am not a big fan of the Penguins, so this will be a challenge. Feel free top comment or make suggestions. I hope you will like this one.

seb170455 02-10-2013 06:14 PM

Re: Seb170455's Pittsburgh Penguins: Fighting Penguins have to start over.(NHL13)

Birthday party of Shero turns into an ugly affaire!

GM Ray Shero turned 50 on the 28th of July and he and his wife decided to give a couple of parties. One of those parties was a team celebration of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Everybody was invited and was there. The party progressed nicely in a small cosy bar. But all of a sudden everything turned sour and the boys got into a figth. After the big mess was cleaned and everthing was sorted out, it became clear the Pittsburgh Penguins organization was damaged. The damaged was done and the Penguins were hurt bad. A lot of key figures are not planning a return to Pittsburgh.

seb170455 02-10-2013 06:16 PM

Re: Seb170455's Pittsburgh Penguins: Fighting Penguins have to start over.(NHL13)

Big changes in Pittsburgh in a few days.

After the big birthday incident, there were changes going to happen. A few big names at the club were not going to come back to this club as employees. Too much was happened and they wanted to move on.

The first to leave the Penguins was GM Ray Shero. He was overwhelmed with emotions. His party was the reason for this mess. Shero said he had no other choice than to lay down his job at the Penguins.
Lemieux understood this and the same day he found Shero's replacement. This was the unknown Dutchman Sebastiaan Jansen. He has to try and solve this mess. His first job was talk to everybody and make an assesment of the damage. Coach Dan Bylsma is a real pro and wanted to stay.
The next step for GM Jansen, was to talk to all the players. He wanted to know if all the guys were back on board. But this was not the case. There were 2 players who did not want to play for the Penguins again. These guys were not the 4th liners, but the stars of the organization. Captain Crosby and superstar Malkin will not return. GM Jansen and Bylsma have a real big problem here. What will they do?

seb170455 02-10-2013 07:14 PM

Pittsburgh, 1th September 2012.

The room is filled with the local and national press. GM Sebastiaan Jansen of the Pittsburgh Penguins invited everybody to make a few announcements. The press was expecting a resolution to the problem. Behind the table was Mario Lemieux, GM Jansen and coach Bylsma. Jansen tuned on his microphone;

"Good morning everybody. I am glad you were able to attend this press conference. We called you here today to make a few announcements. We had our troubles lately and we wanted to make these problems go away. We looked at all angles on how we could resolve the problem that captain Crosby and Art Ross Trophy winner Malkin did not want to be part of this organization again. We made fast decisions and have the follwoing to say.

We traded both super stars. Crosby is going to play in Columbus and Malkin is going to move to Montreal. The following trades have been made.

CBJ acquired C Sidney Crosby.
PIT acquired the 1st round picks of 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 (CBJ).

MTL acquired C Evgeny Malkin.
PIT acquired C Alex Galchenyuk, 2013 - 1st and 2nd round pick (MTL) and 2014 - 1st round pick (MTL).

This was a shock for everybody in the organization, but this needed to be done. We have a lot of good picks and a great future superstar in return. I wish Crosby and Malkin all the best. We have to start over, but we will get back to where we were! Thanks everybody and have a save ride home."

seb170455 02-10-2013 07:48 PM

Lemieux texted me:

"I wanted to welcome you to the Pittsburgh Penguins organization as our new GM for the next 3 years.

It's all about winning, and I'm setting your initial target as 45 wins this season.

Keep me happy, you keep your job. Now go out there and make me happy!"

This will be a tough job.

seb170455 02-10-2013 08:04 PM

@RenLavoieRDS:

Tonight 2 free agents signed with Pittsburgh: center Cal O'Reilly (75, TWF, 3,5Y) $3,080M, 2 years and rightwinger Nicolay Zherdev (74, SNP, 2,5G) $0,830M, 1 year

nuka 02-11-2013 12:09 AM

:o got rid of the two superstars. Looking forward to this

seb170455 02-11-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuka (Post 2044701721)
:o got rid of the two superstars. Looking forward to this

Thanks nuka. Hope you will enjoy this one.