Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   CPU vs CPU (/forums/showthread.php?t=638170)

NoleFan 06-15-2013 10:20 AM

CPU vs CPU

As I get older and the time to just sit and mash buttons is reduced I think I'm ready to progress from coach mode to CPU vs CPU. I've gone down this path before but I always feel so detached like I don't know my players. Is that something other CPU vs CPU guys have struggled with? I'm just at a place now where, take NCAA as an example, I'm more interested in recruiting and building the program though not with the same level of depth as NFL Head Coach!

kingdevin 06-24-2013 09:49 PM

Im there with u. Ive done cpu v cpu for years. I enjoy creating teams, watching them play out and working sliders for maximum simulation. Ive got a great set for APF in addition to my own teams. I love coming back to this game!!!

NoleFan 06-28-2013 05:47 PM

CPU vs CPU

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdevin (Post 2045163110)
Im there with u. Ive done cpu v cpu for years. I enjoy creating teams, watching them play out and working sliders for maximum simulation. Ive got a great set for APF in addition to my own teams. I love coming back to this game!!!

Do you sometimes feel detached from your team playing cpu vs. cpu?

SN: cpu vs cpu is a ton of fun in tecmo Super Bowl!! Got a 5-5 season going with the browns right now!

kingdevin 06-30-2013 05:49 PM

I don't feel detached at all. I actually feel as if I need to know the individuals on the team even more and I get to learn about them on a pure level. Maybe I'll try techno bowl

NoleFan 06-30-2013 07:29 PM

CPU vs CPU

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdevin (Post 2045185919)
I don't feel detached at all. I actually feel as if I need to know the individuals on the team even more and I get to learn about them on a pure level. Maybe I'll try techno bowl

Yeah I think I know what you mean because knowing I won't be making subs during the game I have to deep dive the depth chart pre-game playing NCAA.

Yeah Tecmo is fun to watch to me.

Making the move to cpu v cpu makes you look at running out and getting the latest version differently as well. I find that I've been looking at the reviews section of OS and going to GameStop to purchase the highest rated games which are typically older versions.

NoleFan 07-01-2013 03:05 PM

Re: CPU vs CPU

I had no idea that the majority of the games I loved from 2 gens ago (SNES, Genesis) had CPU vs. CPU. I'm out for the next week and have been on a rom grabbing frenzy. Been playing Coach K, Tecmo NBA, NBA Showdown, Madden 9X, Joe Montana, College Football National Championship...

Great times!!!!!!

kingdevin 07-01-2013 07:48 PM

Coach K!!!!!!!! My all time fav. I played that to death. Could i get that for the new gen systems??? Im loving all pro right now. Ive created 8 teams and started my own tournament. The games have been amazing

NoleFan 07-01-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdevin (Post 2045190032)
Coach K!!!!!!!! My all time fav. I played that to death. Could i get that for the new gen systems??? Im loving all pro right now. Ive created 8 teams and started my own tournament. The games have been amazing

I'm not certain you'd get them for more current systems. I'm just playing the standard versions. Currently enjoying some Madden '98 cpu vs cpu before I got back to my Bulls season on Tecmo NBA basketball.