Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Baseball Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Snes (/forums/showthread.php?t=647808)

shogunofharlem3 07-30-2013 11:42 AM

Ken Griffey Jr Baseball - Snes

My buddy and I played this game and fought while playing this game for years growing up.

35 now, both married, we decided last week over a few beers to play a few games...turned into a World Series......7 games, beat me on a walk off homerun.......I kicked him out of my house!

Ha. We played again yesterday, this time I'm up 2 games to 1. The 3 games were, 6 -5, 3-2, 2-1. Insane.

We played with current rosters. I've been editing and adding the real names and attributes to this gem. Have 5 teams finished at the moment. STL, HOU, PHI, BOS, DET

I think he'll be coming over later to finish up. Funny thing, when we were 14 playing we'd get into brawls that our parents had to break up. Now loser buys the beer. Win win I think.

Anyone else playing this? If not, I recommend dusting it off and giving a go. So fun

cardinalbird5 08-02-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Ken Griffey Baseball Snes

Editing rosters for that game? I hope the Cards are number 1 lol.

Blzer 08-02-2013 11:14 PM

I used to take the Giants and edit names so they're real players from the current team. I'm not sure if their appearances will match up anymore as they did then, but it was really fun to do.

Great game.

jyoung 08-02-2013 11:20 PM

World Series was always my preferred way to play against friends because it keeps stats for all your players during the series.

shogunofharlem3 08-03-2013 02:10 PM

I am finished with 7 teams now.

I changed the faces to match up with players race, jersey #'s, etc. I do own the cartridge but I've been updating a rom on my pc.

Yes, Cardinals are nasty! (Ozzie Smith is my favorite player of all time, I may have or may not have snuck him in the current roster......)

World Series is the way to go. We can bang out in about 2 and a half hours. Keeps stats, pitchers get tired. Really is a great, fun, quick game of baseball.

KBLover 08-03-2013 06:32 PM

Oh man, I loved this game.

I got a kick out of guys getting caught looking and were all like "OH COME ON!" LOL

This was my fav SNES sports game.

Clarke99 08-13-2013 12:09 PM

Play it on Android still, not as much fun but still good once in awhile. If only Nintendo would step up and offer an HD version on there marketplace. Like NBA Jam did, c'mon Swingman! (Griff) stop your HOF ceremonies and make this happen! lol

bcruise 08-13-2013 02:06 PM

I played the heck out of this game too as a kid (was the first game where I felt fielding well was really gratifying), but I don't remember being able to edit player attributes, only names.... :confused: