Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Football Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189)
-   -   Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25) (/forums/showthread.php?t=650737)

Gronk4M13 08-10-2013 01:38 PM

Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25)

Introduction by the Dynasty Author:

I'm starting my Madden 25 dynasty a little early. Of course, I don't have the game yet but I thought I'd set this up. This dynasty will not be my first here on Operation Sports.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...guars-ccm.html

I've tried a few times before, but this time will be different. I'm starting this dynasty before the game comes out. I will also be doing a YouTube series for this dynasty on my channel (channel name in my signature.) This dynasty, in itself, won't be like others. For more than a year, I've avidly read some great dynasties here on OS. As I said, I have tried doing dynasties before but unsuccessfully. I'd quit them quickly. This dynasty will have many features of other dynasties you've seen before:
  • Game Previews
  • Game Reviews
  • Preview/Review Every Post Seasson Game
  • Review Black Monday, the Draft, and Free Agency
  • Extensive Coverage of the Preseason
  • A League Wide Focus
  • Quotes/Interviews from Players and Coaches, Even Some Fans
  • Incorporating ESPN, Bleacher Report, NFL, Fox, CBS and Other Logos for Realism
  • Standings,Power Rankings and Storylines
  • Incorporating Twitter
  • Playoff Picture
  • Week in Review
  • Depth Chart Movement
  • Injuries
  • The Good, the Bad and the Ugly for Every Raiders Game
  • Players of the Week
  • Videos and Pictures
  • Trades, Position Battles, Season Statistics, Season Review/Preview, Schedule, Cuts and Scouting
  • Broken NFL Records, Playoff Coverage, Awards, Draft, Around the League

Yet, a new/unique dynasty feature: I plan on personally doing a podcast for this dynasty.

Dynasty Inspirations:

1. KBLover- mainly, KBLover. His dynasty is amazing, very professional looking and just...awesome. He's given me some great advice, for which I am thankful. Plus, he has a Raiders dynasty in Madden 13 here on OS, and this dynasty is with the Raiders.

2. JayMee13- another great dynasty-maker, his with the Tom Brady-less Patriots. JayMee has a fantastic dynasty, which I follow very closely. He's also given me a lot of advice about dynasties, so thanks are in order to him.

3.UK0wnag3- Excellent Cardinals Dynasty which I'm a big fan of.

I'm hopeful that this dynasty will be some sort of hybrid of the above three.

Dynasty Rules:
  1. Absolutely no rage-quitting- I will stick with this one through thick and thin. Win,lose,or draw, I'm staying with this one. Even if I get busy in real life, I won't flat-out quit this, but the dynasty might be on hold for a few days when life gets really busy for me, between school and my personal life.
  2. Realism and sim matter. I won't make any trades that don't make sense. I strive to play sim football. I won't "cheese" the computer, or expose any glitches in the game. I will try to play as close to real NFL football as possible.
  3. Your feedback matters! Viewers, please do comment what you like/don't like, what you want to see in this dynasty, just show some support.
  4. I'll be starting this pretty much as soon as I get Madden 25. The gameplay won't be great; probably full of glitches at first. I'll get updates/patches as time goes on, and will change my sliders as needed.

Gronk4M13 08-10-2013 01:56 PM

Re: Commitment to Excellence: An Oakland Raiders Dynasty (Madden 25)

Oakland Raiders Staff

General Manager: Reggie McKenzie- McKenzie, a former linebacker for the Raiders, would be a member of the Packers front office before being hired as the General Manager of the Raiders. McKenzie faces a steep task, as the Raiders are widely seen as a utter and total rebuilding project.

Head Coach: Dennis Allen- Allen was hired by McKenzie after the dismissal of Hue Jackson, marking the sixth coaching change in ten seasons for Oakland. Allen was a defensive assistant with the Falcons, New Orleans Saints and a defensive coordinator for the rival Broncos. Allen is the first defensive focused coach since John Madden for the Raiders.

Owner- Mark Davis- Mark Davis, son of legendary Raiders owner Al Davis, is the owner of the team. Mark Davis arguably inherits the mess his father made of the team. Rumors have been swirling that Mark Davis is the sole reason the Raiders remain in Oakland. If Davis sells the team, the Raiders could easily relocate.

Gronk4M13 08-10-2013 02:07 PM

About the Raiders:

History:

The Raiders are currently infamous for an extensive/die-hard fan base, and a distinctive team culture. The Raiders have had more than their fair share of Hall f Fame inductees, with thirteen. The Raiders are known for dominating the 1970's. Oakland has had many famous players and coaches; John Madden, Art Shell, Bo Jackson, Jon Gruden, among others. The Raiders boast one of the league's most hardcore fan bases in the Raider Nation/ the Black Hole.

The Raiders haven't had a winning record or made the playoffs in over a decade, since 2002. In 2002, the Raiders were blown out by the former Raiders coach Jon Gruden-led Buccaneers, 48-21. Yet the Raiders have enjoyed their fair share of success.

Superbowls- 1976 (XI) 1980 (XV) and 1983 (XVIII)

AFC Conference Championships: 1976, 1980, 1983, 2002

Divisional Championships: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1983, 1985, 1990, 2000, 2001, 2002.

Raiders Mantras-
"Pride and Poise"

"Commitment to Excellence"

Just Win Baby

Gronk4M13 08-10-2013 02:12 PM

Rivalries:

Denver Broncos

Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Battle of the Bay/San Francisco 49ers

Tuck Rule Rivalry/New England Patriots

DoubleRussia 08-10-2013 06:42 PM

Welp time to find a new team to do for Madden 25.

ML 08-11-2013 05:07 AM

Following! You've set the bar extremely high for yourself I can't wait to see you exceed even your own expectations!

On a lighter note, you couldn't pay me to get the Raiders' owner's haircut...

Gronk4M13 08-11-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleRussia (Post 2045337392)
Welp time to find a new team to do for Madden 25.

Sorry man. I figured you were doing a different team as you did the Raiders for Madden 13.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLamm16 (Post 2045338523)
Following! You've set the bar extremely high for yourself I can't wait to see you exceed even your own expectations!

On a lighter note, you couldn't pay me to get the Raiders' owner's haircut...

Thank you very much! Also, yeah that is one...unique haircut to say the least.

Gronk4M13 08-11-2013 08:59 AM

NFL 2012 Season In Review: The Oakland Raiders

Highlights:
  • QB Terrelle Pryor made his first-career start in the season finale
  • WR Rod Streater, who joined the Raiders as a non-drafted rookie free agent out of Temple, finished the season with 39 catches, marking the fourth-most for a rookie in franchise history and tied for the third-most by an undrafted player in the NFL since the 2000 season.
  • TE Brandon Myers led the team with 79 receptions for 806 yards, marking the most catches by a Raider tight end since Todd Christensen had 95 receptions in 1986.
  • Myers’ 79 catches were the most by a Raider since WR Jerry Rice had 92 receptions in 2002.
  • Myers tied for the NFL lead with 36 receptions in the fourth quarter in 2012.
  • The Raiders were the NFL’s late-score leader, scoring 89 points at the end of the half. Oak- land scored in final two minutes of the first half in 11 games this season.
  • The Raiders did not have a player selected to the Pro Bowl for the first time since 2003.
  • The Raiders played last season’s finale vs. San Diego with 53 players on their roster and four on injured reserve. Of those 57, only 26 were active in the 2012 season finale. Only 29 are still in the organization, and of those 29, just 21 are currently under contract for next season.
  • A NEED FOR CONTINUITY: Bringing back a head coach for a second year is significant for the Raiders, whose football personnel, including equipment managers, trainers and operations staff, have had to adjust to different philosophies, expectations and preferences each time the team has changed its on-field leader. And over the past 10 seasons, no team has undergone more change at the head-coach position over the past four decades. Since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger, the Raiders are the league’s only team with as many as seven individuals to hold the permanent title of head coach over a 10-year period
  • The Raiders ranked second in the NFL with 2,141 yards after the catch (YAC).
  • THREE OVER 100:Three Oakland defenders recorded 100-or-more tackles this season,
  • Philip Wheeler 150 (98)
  • Tyvon Branch 146 (90)
  • Miles Burris 138 (84)

Record: 4-12 (Third in AFC West; Third Overall Selection in NFL Draft)