Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Last Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen) (/forums/showthread.php?t=673950)

Steve_OS 10-24-2013 01:14 PM

NBA 2K14: My GM Interview, Hands-On Impressions, More! (Next-Gen)

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yQmstfz2vn0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="465" width="620"></iframe>

If you are looking for more information on MyGM, FranchisePlay.me has posted a new 10 minute interview with Senior Producer Erick Boensich detailing the mode a bit in-depth. You can watch it above you here!

Also there is a new hands-on impressions article from Bleacher Report of NBA 2K14 next-gen. If you haven't yet, check out our hands-on impressions as well and be sure to read through our report on yesterday's press event for NBA 2K14 next-gen.

VDusen04 10-24-2013 01:20 PM

Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

Hmm, a few of the words I normally don't like hearing in connection to Franchise mode: MyPlayer, RPG, and uber.

It feels like we're looking at an upgraded form of:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pnCUyVfV9OQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

manustyle90 10-24-2013 01:27 PM

Re: NBA 2K14—My GM News, Exclusive Interview with Senior Producer Erick Boenisch

i might be too old, i might be too conservative, but this whole MYthis MYthat it's total bull**** to me

jayman504 10-24-2013 01:33 PM

Good info given BUT serisouly..Is Eric related to Kevin Spacey? long lost son...maybe? lol

cthurt 10-24-2013 01:35 PM

If they left the "MY" role out of this mode I could take it more seriously but me creating a gm instead of using real gms just takes my NBA experience into a direction Im not to excited about. And I never been a fan of the rpg style in sports games, blame that on Madden maybe 2k can do a better job with it in their game.

bigeastbumrush 10-24-2013 01:36 PM

So if I'm doing a MyGM and my team loses money, I get fired and the MyGM season is over? Or do I have to start with another team?

Man...take this RPG stuff to Grand Theft Auto.

I don't have no time for cause and effect. I just want to play ball.

Who told them this was a good idea?

Optik 10-24-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDusen04 (Post 2045591377)
Hmm, a few of the words I normally don't like hearing in connection to Franchise mode: MyPlayer, RPG, and uber.

It feels like we're looking at an upgraded form of:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pnCUyVfV9OQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

At least your players will be sitting down when meeting with you instead of standing there doing giant hand waves and constant hip stretching.

TheBleedingRed21 10-24-2013 01:41 PM

Never will understand the hate for the "RPG" elements saying take it to GTA, its fantasy, etc..

It just adds depth to the game, association was so freaking stale it was not funny. At least for me it was.

I feel that adding elements to create depth is best, but also agree there should be options for others who did enjoy those modes.