Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports FC and FIFA (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=503)
-   -   How is your FIFA 14 NG Manager Mode going? (/forums/showthread.php?t=691757)

BBallcoach 12-10-2013 09:09 PM

How is your FIFA 14 NG Manager Mode going?

I didn't see a thread for the Manager Mode tracking. I thought I'd start one for the NG forum. Mods if you feel this doesn't need to be here then feel free to delete it.

I started with Dagnam and Redbridge in League 2. I like to try and go from a League 2 team to an EPL team.

My first year I won the table and finished in the top 8 of the capital one cup! I simmed the quarterfinals vs Chelsea expecting to get blown out and We won in a sim. I was floored. I had a lot of players play fantastic, but Zavon Hines I sold in the summer transfer window for 800k which is insane he was my best player and my best Center Back I sold for 500k after throwing a 600k counter out there. I also sold a few other players. My youth scouts found a couple of fantastic players, a 17 year old striker from England who came in as a 60 ovl and has a potential of an 88. and CAM from Denmark who is a 58 ovl and has a potential of an 81. I also have a 16 year old defender who maybe up to a 56 ovl and a 77 potential, but until the market closes I will let him get some seasoning.

I'm starting my League 1 season tonight, I have a feeling I won't be winning in year one. I just hope to finish mid table.

doyce7 12-11-2013 02:05 AM

Re: How is your FIFA 14 NG Manager Mode going?

Havn't started my NG career made as of yet, should get my PS4 tomorrow.

I've already done the League 2 to BPL thing this year with York City, so I'm gonna stay away from that for a bit.

Thinking a mid-level club from the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal or Belgium. Just can't decide and I'm running out of time.

This will be the first career mode that I play all the games(or close to in and minus friendlies).

Any thoughts on a team of choice?

BBallcoach 12-11-2013 03:22 AM

I used York City in FIFA 13

doyce7 12-11-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBallcoach (Post 2045757267)
I used York City in FIFA 13

Took me 6 years(started BPL in year 7) to get to the BPL and won the Champions League in my 9th year. One of the best CMs I've had on any game(The Show, Madden, NCAAF, NCAAB, NBA 2k). It was a true Joy.

Mattuk123 12-11-2013 08:14 AM

I started a career with chelsea had a bad run and got sacked mid way through my first season. Took over Aston Villa for the remainder of the season, signed arteta(Arsenal) in January and finished mid table.

2nd season managed to sign Moses(Chelsea), Sissoko(Newcastle) and another unknown midfielder. Ireland and Bent came back from there loan spells. After a tough start managed to pick up some momentum and finish 4th went to the last game of the season, champions league here I come!

About to start my 3rd season the board have given me 27 million to spend not sure wether to try and lure a big player or make a few cheaper signings.

NightmareBooster 12-11-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doyce7 (Post 2045757186)
Havn't started my NG career made as of yet, should get my PS4 tomorrow.

I've already done the League 2 to BPL thing this year with York City, so I'm gonna stay away from that for a bit.

Thinking a mid-level club from the Netherlands, Russia, Portugal or Belgium. Just can't decide and I'm running out of time.

This will be the first career mode that I play all the games(or close to in and minus friendlies).

Any thoughts on a team of choice?

What I've been thinking of doing for my 2nd CM is taking one of the "Rest of World" teams like Rangers or AEK Athens and putting them into the Bundesliga 2. You could try something like that.

dickey1331 12-13-2013 06:03 AM

Using Fleetwood Town right now. I'm in my first year but not at home so I don't have my stats but I'm having a blast!

orion523 12-13-2013 08:29 AM

After finally settling on a slider set, I finally got my Roma CM underway and midway through my first season we're right in the hunt for one of the four UCL spots(FIFA has four spots unlike real life which has only three). After 18 rounds, here's the top 8:

1. Juventus - 50 points
2. AC Milan - 42 points
3. Napoli - 39 points
4. Fiorentina - 36 points
5. Inter - 35 points
6. Lazio - 35 points
7. Roma - 35 points
8. Udinese - 28 points

Back in early Dec we were sitting pretty in 3rd, but a four game stretch against top 10 competition set us back a little, even though we did pretty well, taking 7 of a possible 12 points from Fiorentina(H), Milan(A), Catania(H), and Juventus(A).It's now January 10th and the first transfer window is open(I kept the summer window closed), I'm hoping to pick up a winger, a striker, and a fullback along with maybe a young player or two with potential(my scouts have unearthed a few) but we have just €22M Euros to spend so getting all that is going to take some doing LOL:

Update: We were just able to come to terms with Barcelona and Torino for the services of young striker Toni Sanabria and left back Danilo D'Ambrosio, personal terms are still being discussed.