Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   PS3 or Xbox for future rosters (/forums/showthread.php?t=706707)

icicle22 02-07-2014 11:13 AM

PS3 or Xbox for future rosters

I recently got NCAA14 for the PS3 for a really good price. I haven't opened and would have the opportunity to exchange it for the Xbox version. However, going forward I would prefer to have the version that has the best roster options. I used to be an Xbox LIve guy exclusively buy recently I got a PS4 and have the PS plus membership and I have since let my Xbox Live account revert to silver.

So....going forward, what are the limitations of each of these consoles? I want to be able to keep my rosters as current as possible and I am not sure of the process other than downloading from the in-game shares. I understand there is a PC editor? Is this both Xbox and PS3 compatible? These are the questions I have and I think it could help others if we could create a list of pros and cons for each console....only based on Rosters....not on gameplay. I am well aware of each consoles graphical differences.

Thanks for any help.

Art01 02-08-2014 04:48 PM

Re: PS3 or Xbox for future rosters

It is likely to be difficult to get a direct comparison, unless a player owns both a PS3 and a 360, owns NCAA games for each console, and has edited Rosters on both platforms - unlikely in my opinion. I am an experienced 360 editor user and I can say that, once the process is learned, editing on the 360 is straightforward, efficient, and effective. Based upon what is in the forums, the 360-based editing community is much larger, much more experienced, and has produced a much greater variety of edited Rosters.

If NCAA 14 does turn out to be the last game in the series, being able to be a part of the editing community will become even more important for future seasons.

For these reasons, I would recommend the 360 version.