Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Weather (/forums/showthread.php?t=708497)

A_Quiet_Pro 02-16-2014 09:21 PM

Weather

Since there's not a thread devoted to weather I figured I'd create one. Now my thought was (since I'm a Boston fan), i think it'd be cool to sometimes have Early April games with cold weather or even remnants of snow. (especially considering the very harsh winter New England's had this particular winter season). Not like have it be actively snowing, but like have breath showing in the cold weather from the players (while I'm on the note; maybe have the players show heavy breathing in all weather if they just did a triple or inside the park HR), maybe some snow on the sides of the grounds like the grounds crew just cleared the field the day before or something. Just something to think about for teams like the BoSox, Yanks, Mets, Phillies, Maybe Orioles.

Feliz__7 02-16-2014 09:42 PM

Re: Weather

With the weather, I just hope they have rainouts because they are a part of the game. Maybe have the option to turn weather off so for those who don't want it won't get it.

A_Quiet_Pro 02-16-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Feliz__7 (Post 2045960163)
With the weather, I just hope they have rainouts because they are a part of the game. Maybe have the option to turn weather off so for those who don't want it won't get it.

That could work. Option to turn it of for those who dont want it, but there for people who want the realism factor.

Knight165 02-16-2014 09:48 PM

Until SCEA comes up with a reason(significant) to add rainouts AND to figure out something they like to deal with them....I don't think we'll see those and/or double headers.
(although I myself would love them both)

BUT......

If we simply get the option to choose weather before the game starts(like stadiums and uni's)....I'd be very happy.

M.K.
Knight165

Shaffer26 02-16-2014 09:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've always wanted more of an overcast/foggy effect. Like this:

A_Quiet_Pro 02-16-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight165 (Post 2045960184)
Until SCEA comes up with a reason(significant) to add rainouts AND to figure out something they like to deal with them....I don't think we'll see those and/or double headers.
(although I myself would love them both)

BUT......

If we simply get the option to choose weather before the game starts(like stadiums and uni's)....I'd be very happy.

M.K.
Knight165

Well, my point was for the engine to contain an algorithm to randomly put "snow" along the foul walls of early April games as if it snowed the day before (something like maybe the first week of the season). But no games would be snowed out or cancelled.

Feliz__7 02-16-2014 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieBravo (Post 2045960180)
That could work. Option to turn it of for those who dont want it, but there for people who want the realism factor.

Don't get me wrong I want this game to be real as it can be, including having rainouts.

Knight165 02-16-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamieBravo (Post 2045960196)
Well, my point was for the engine to contain an algorithm to randomly put "snow" along the foul walls of early April games as if it snowed the day before (something like maybe the first week of the season). But no games would be snowed out or cancelled.

I was really responding to the rainouts.....

I would love it if they added snow. :)
(although....with the amount of snow in N.Y. this year....I would probably avoid it like the plague!)

M.K.
Knight165