Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4) (/forums/showthread.php?t=740041)

R9NALD9 05-20-2014 02:45 AM

MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4)

I recently bought MLB 14 The Show on PSN for PS4.

But I can't get it to download.

It starts of perfectly fine with 41Gb to go and 32 hours (sorry about bluriness):

But then every single time (I've probably tried 20 times already), at 11mb downloaded it does this:

and then shortly after that this appears:

If I keep it on that, it fails after about 1gb and 20 hours downloaded and says "Cannot download".

Does anyone know what is wrong? Please, I've already paid for the game, and I'm desperate to play it.

BleacherCreature 05-20-2014 02:56 PM

Re: MLB 14 The Show Cannot download error (PS4)

Anytime I have an issue like this I have to unplug my wireless subwoofer. For some reason I can't get anything to download when that is plugged in. Kinda weird and I still haven't figured out why.
But once I do that everything online related works fine.

ShaBoomer 05-20-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleacherCreature (Post 2046248469)
Anytime I have an issue like this I have to unplug my wireless subwoofer. For some reason I can't get anything to download when that is plugged in. Kinda weird and I still haven't figured out why.
But once I do that everything online related works fine.

This may not help the OP with their issue, but yours is likely caused by interference on the 2.4GHz band.

If you use a standard wireless router, it will be 2.4GHz. This is the same frequency as fluorescent lights, microwaves, baby monitors and almost all wireless networking equipment. Anything on the same frequency will cause interference when in use.

I use a dual-band router with 2.4 and 5GHz. Not only is there no interference on the 5GHz band, but the throughput is higher (can download faster). I have no problem reaching 4.5-6 mb/s downloads and 1.5-3 mb/s uploads when using 5GHz. When using the 2.4GHz band, I top out at 2 mb/s down, 0.5 mb/s up.

ckarlic 05-20-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaBoomer (Post 2046248492)
This may not help the OP with their issue, but yours is likely caused by interference on the 2.4GHz band.

If you use a standard wireless router, it will be 2.4GHz. This is the same frequency as fluorescent lights, microwaves, baby monitors and almost all wireless networking equipment. Anything on the same frequency will cause interference when in use.

I use a dual-band router with 2.4 and 5GHz. Not only is there no interference on the 5GHz band, but the throughput is higher (can download faster). I have no problem reaching 4.5-6 mb/s downloads and 1.5-3 mb/s uploads when using 5GHz. When using the 2.4GHz band, I top out at 2 mb/s down, 0.5 mb/s up.

Im hardwired but does the PS4 wireless support 5GHz band? Just curious. I wish my PSvita would pick up my 5GHz band for remote play in my house.

ShaBoomer 05-20-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckarlic (Post 2046248725)
Im hardwired but does the PS4 wireless support 5GHz band? Just curious. I wish my PSvita would pick up my 5GHz band for remote play in my house.

No, I use a bridge in between. But I was having the same problem with a sound bar with a 2.4GHz wireless sub. My network speed (including internet) was always slow whenever it was on, so I upgraded to a 5GHz bridge and haven't had any issues since.

BleacherCreature 05-21-2014 02:40 PM

I'm rather ignorant with this stuff, but right now I am using the router that my cable company has provided for me.
I also have the old router I was using before this one just sitting around collecting dust.
Would it be possible to use the old router with the PS4 to avoid the interference?