Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... (/forums/showthread.php?t=756910)

ShavarHayes 08-20-2014 11:28 PM

Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

First: 1991...I was eight years old. My cousin had Madden '92 (damn, I'm getting old), on Sega Genesis. I was still high as a kite on Tecmo Super Bowl (NES). The verical camera, the passing windows--super advanced. I fell in love, and created a lifelong marriage.

Greatest: When my best friend and I rented a Playstation 2 from Blockbuster Video, just for Madden '01. We literally played all weekend with like 3hrs of sleep. The graphics were amazing, and the competition had never been better. I think my obsession reached another level that summer. It's about that time again fellas! What's your first/greatest memory?

BreakingBad2013 08-20-2014 11:50 PM

Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

First: pS2 Madden, we would just play head to head play now, never did franchise.

Greatest: hard to say, I'd say my hook was xb360 I played Madden 07 for a weekend straight, no sleep. First time I had online.

Close second would be Madden/2k5 they were awesome Franchise mode.

fballturkey 08-20-2014 11:53 PM

First: When I was a little kid I played a TON of Tecmo against my dad, and it just blew my MIND going from that to the first time I played Madden 98 at my cousins house. Games weren't advertised like they are now and I was still fairly young (10), so I was pretty much in the dark that something more advanced than Super Tecmo existed. It was just a huge leap. But not as huge as

Favorite: It's hard to believe looking back, but one year, we went from this:

To this:

Like, literally one day you're playing that first game, then you go get a brand new PS2 or Xbox, and holy crap you're playing that second game. A couple of my friends came over because I was the first one of us to get a (at the time) next gen system, and we literally just watched the CPU play a couple games in awe. You could see their fingers! The player models weren't obviously polygons! It was crazy and we may never see another leap like that one unless Virtual Reality works out way better than expected.

Raveneff 08-20-2014 11:57 PM

First was on 97 on PS1. Creating a character and for the life of me not figuring out how to sub in.

Greatest would be in the superbowl on madden 05 against a friend (6-8 of us made a franchise and met at my house) he was packers I was ravens and I intercepted a pass from Favre with Kelly Gregg amd returned it for 48 yards for a TD.

Mbalmer 08-21-2014 12:06 AM

I camped at a Target in Ankeny, Iowa overnight with my girlfriend (Now wife) for a PS2 on release day. Got back to our apartment in Ames and I popped in Madden...was floored by how good it look. That would be my best Madden moment.

TecmoZack 08-21-2014 12:26 AM

Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

Madden 93. My cousin brought his Sega and that game over for Thanksgiving. We played for hours. I used 2 plays...lol. HB sweep with Emmit Smith on offense and Jam Middle on defense.

Then for Christmas I got a Sega of my own with a copy of Madden 94. Boom!!!

Good thread by the way. Nice to see something positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheba2011 08-21-2014 08:35 AM

Don't remember my first Madden moment to be honest, I was more into the NFL series featuring Joe Montana and the QB club games.

My greatest Memory was Madden 05 and it's deep franchise mode which I put hundreds of hours into. Everything from the Tony Bruno show to the hometown newspapers to the deep create a team made that game so much fun.

Gorilla Glass 08-21-2014 08:42 AM

I have too many great memories to recall, but my most exciting moment was my first Online match on the PS2.

I sweat a lot in anticipation of the unknown lol