Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   We need to talk about Steph Curry again... (/forums/showthread.php?t=892116)

The 24th Letter 09-24-2016 03:50 PM

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

**disclaimer**

This is from an online H2H stand point as I haven't played the Warriors offline.

Stephs range in this game, which extends to about 3-5 steps over half court is entitely too accurate.

I appreciate the effort 2k put forth to make him as deadly in game as he is in real life...and he is....but I think this particular aspect (again, just the accuracy at that range) should be dialed back.

Heres an example:

https://vimeo.com/184138259

Not the best defense, I saw he was tired so I thought it would effect his shot from my distance.....so much for that. This is just to show the distance he can consistently pull up from contested or not and knock 3's down.

Black Bruce Wayne 09-24-2016 04:06 PM

Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Thank you for the disclaimer ;) Speaking for myself, I've encountered Curry mostly during Myteam Online and I haven't had many problems stopping users who use him. The key is in the defensive settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

apollooff320 09-24-2016 04:07 PM

WOW...even hit that with the Gatorade symbol.

thormessiah 09-24-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne (Post 2048464120)
Thank you for the disclaimer ;) Speaking for myself, I've encountered Curry mostly during Myteam Online and I haven't had many problems stopping users who use him. The key is in the defensive settings

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tight/Deny and full court press?

silverskier 09-24-2016 04:27 PM

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

I've played against the warriors with stephen and klay shooting from that distance or even more and making almost every shot, even contested shots. I'm with the OP, I believe that 2k is in the correct way to make curry unique, but not like this. Maybe when he is hot he can pull that kind of shots from time to time, but not almost all the time during a game

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

ThatMichiganFan 09-24-2016 04:42 PM

Okay, so this is coming from a mostly offline user who hasn't played vs the Warriors yet, but isn't this what we wanted last year? We saw Curry do ridiculous sh*t every game and we realized that he can't do it in 2K. So 2K has made an effort to make him special like he is in real life.

I know online people will cheese and abuse any little advantage they get, but I like that Curry is essentially unstoppable unless you hound him full court, as this is how you must play him in real life to stop him.

Again, just my opinion. He may be entirely too strong online but I don't mind Curry being insane.

raiderphantom 09-24-2016 05:02 PM

I only played him online in all star team up, and he dropped 50+. I just think the efficiency from 27+ feet off the dribble needs to be toned down. But maybe he was just hot that game...

DonWuan 09-24-2016 05:04 PM

I'm scared of the warriors. Think I'll break something.

Sent from my NEXT using Tapatalk