Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden (/forums/showthread.php?t=913899)

callmetaternuts 08-24-2017 08:49 AM

Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

I've been playing Madden for quite a few years, back to the PS2 days and probably before that. My stick skills aren't great and I only play offline single player CFM/franchise/owner mode/whatever else they call it. It's always just me as the Bucs vs. the CPU. I try to play as realistic as possible and am very defensive minded.

All that to ask this question. I have always played on All-Madden to make it as difficult as possible. I know there are ratings boosts and such for the CPU on All-Madden, but here's the question. What are the main differences (besides ratings boosts)? I don't want to play All-Pro if I'm going to steamroll the CPU and throw for 500 yards every game. All-Madden (Madden 17 and prior) I usually end up 6-10 to 10-6, throw a lot of dumb picks, average about 90 yards rushing a game and try to aim to keep CPU below 24 points.

Is it worth switching to All-Pro to get a more Sim experience or is All-Madden going to be the best push?

ggsimmonds 08-24-2017 08:55 AM

Re: Difficulty - All-Pro vs. All-Madden

In all likelihood all pro will be too easy for you.

As far as I know, ratings boosts for the AI is the only difference between AP and AM. Some speculate that there is scripting present in AM, but I don't believe that claim.

Have you used sliders or open to using them?

I think averaging what you are is a pretty good spot to be in myself. I get kind of tired of reading CFM threads and every poster just won their division going something like 13-3.

SyncereBlackout 08-24-2017 09:53 AM

I'm not here to promote or cross post but the timing is ironic.

Some of this was covered here (https://youtu.be/CQT71nLdR8Y) at around the 11min mark.

I've been wondering the same because I've got to discuss, decide, present and vote on the settings for my CFM league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikes1 08-24-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by callmetaternuts (Post 2048965163)
I've been playing Madden for quite a few years, back to the PS2 days and probably before that. My stick skills aren't great and I only play offline single player CFM/franchise/owner mode/whatever else they call it. It's always just me as the Bucs vs. the CPU. I try to play as realistic as possible and am very defensive minded.

All that to ask this question. I have always played on All-Madden to make it as difficult as possible. I know there are ratings boosts and such for the CPU on All-Madden, but here's the question. What are the main differences (besides ratings boosts)? I don't want to play All-Pro if I'm going to steamroll the CPU and throw for 500 yards every game. All-Madden (Madden 17 and prior) I usually end up 6-10 to 10-6, throw a lot of dumb picks, average about 90 yards rushing a game and try to aim to keep CPU below 24 points.

Is it worth switching to All-Pro to get a more Sim experience or is All-Madden going to be the best push?

I'd almost swear I had posted this, lol. Almost exactly my past experience too. And what i'm hoping for outta 18. Imo, after watching a ton of vids, it kinda seems like in it's current state...All-Madden with trimmed down cpu sliders maybe what i'll try. The cpu defensive coverage seems tighter on AM, and may possibly get me where i want the game to be. Ie...not basketball on grass.

Gorilla Glass 08-24-2017 10:15 AM

I use to play nothing but All-Madden, but I found that it threw me in online play. So I stick with All-pro. It gives me the best experience overall.

Bootzilla 08-24-2017 10:21 AM

Honestly they aren't that different. I can do essentially what I want offensively on either difficulty setting. The difference is All-Madden is more aggressive. AM will blitz more. But, if you can read the blitz you'll get a ton of big plays. AP is more dink and dunk.....

The cpu offense does seem a bit smarter with their play calls on AM but if you play smart (at least last year when coverage overall was better) you could hang just fine as long as you're okay with 2 to 3 big plays when the cpu player goes Techmo Bowl Bo Jackson and runs through your entire defense.

IcedCoffee1983 08-24-2017 10:26 AM

I know the kicking/punting meter moves a little faster on All-Madden than it does on All-Pro.

And as others have mentioned, there is a ratings boost for the CPU.

callmetaternuts 08-24-2017 10:27 AM

I just want realistic gameplay. If my team should go 6-10, then thats what I want to happen. I don't want to go 13-3. I'm very conservative on offense and run a pretty basic D. I want my CPU teammates to play their assignments and play to their abilities and i want the CPU to realistically provide a challenge. I don't want GOD mode activated, but I also don't want to just do whatever I want and win every game.

ALot of slider testers seem to land on All-Pro and I'm wondering if I should end up there. I know that I'm not an above average Madden player, at least based on stick skills. I do no switch and no money plays or gimmicks.

I saw (heard) T4Verts podcast and the conversation on he had on All-Pro vs. All-Madden, but it didn't clear anything up for me.