Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher (/forums/showthread.php?t=914388)

Hengist 09-17-2017 04:46 PM

Re: NBA 2K18 AI Improvements Blog From Scott O’Gallagher

The CPU closes out hella fast on the open shooters, though. I just don't see the problem here...

WTF 09-17-2017 04:58 PM

https://twitter.com/WTF_OS/status/909456940169879552

This is killing me. Here are my defensive settings:

What can I do to circumvent this cheese? Seriously, this should not be happening. Taj has no reason to run a full circle out and around. Wiggins is there.

strawberryshortcake 09-17-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2049018737)
https://twitter.com/WTF_OS/status/909456940169879552

This is killing me. Here are my defensive settings:
Spoiler

What can I do to circumvent this cheese? Seriously, this should not be happening. Taj has no reason to run a full circle out and around. Wiggins is there.

Not a clue right now. Did you try turning on defensive communications? (I have off it by default because I don't like how it looks and it's just distracting, plus I don't think it even works the way I want it to).

This is part of the cat and mouse issue that I was talking about in that certain thread "tips/tricks/plays." No one offered a solution because I guess there is none.

When I first heard about the "I got ball," I was hoping that would be the solution to one of my defensive problems. I was hoping that I can manually initiate "I got ball," telling my teammate not to come double. But I don't think the defensive communications even matter at all.

With defensive communication turned on, even when pressing (X) to guard the ball handler, that little blue arrow directing you to guard a specific player, doesn't necessarily follow the same command. I could be guarding the ball handler and the blue arrow is directing me to guard someone else.

I know that in the other game, Taj Gibson would have left Wiggins alone to defend Kawhi. Even if Taj Gibson was guarding Kawhi, if you moved Wiggins to defend Kawhi, the other game would automatically send Taj Gibson to pick up another man. It'll only double team when you want to. The problem with 2k is that I can't tell my temmate to stop initiating the double team. Getting mismatched is great, but I also need a way to tell my teammate to "get out of here, I got this."

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...defense-3.html

NBA2k18 Communications "I got ball" I don't even think this works the way I want it to. I thought with the implementation of this, I could finally tell my teammate not to come double team because I actually got it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzthcpTB1dg

WTF 09-17-2017 05:44 PM

Nah, I don't like the way it looks either. Plus I can't imagine what on earth Taj would say in that instance "I've gone full potato" ? lol.

There is literally no reason for Taj to run a full circle around like that. It's happened with Dieng, it's happened with Taj and even Jimmy Butler for me so far.

Smirkin Dirk 09-17-2017 05:54 PM

Setting pre-rotate on does some unusual thing to a user's defense. Ill set mine to off 99% of the time.

The 24th Letter 09-17-2017 05:55 PM

When Wiggy bumped into Timmay that set Taj off to help on Leonard thinking you were lost. If defensive communication was turned on 'switch!' likely would have appeared....he then proceeds to take possibly the worst angle ever, haha

It's 2k's super sensitive help logic...your pick settings won't help in this instance unfortunately.

My only suggestion would be staying a bit closer to Leonard in a situation like that....

I've probably seen an extreme example like this a handful of times...by your videos is it fair to say this happens to you multiple times a game? Any other settings you use?

WTF 09-17-2017 05:55 PM

Off topic, but how is Thibs rated a D overall on Defense? lol

strawberryshortcake 09-17-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTF (Post 2049018821)
Nah, I don't like the way it looks either. Plus I can't imagine what on earth Taj would say in that instance "I've gone full potato" ? lol.

There is literally no reason for Taj to run a full circle around like that. It's happened with Dieng, it's happened with Taj and even Jimmy Butler for me so far.

I know your situation is a little different than mine, but if you actually did what I normally do in those situations, you'd probably experience the "cat and mouse" game that I go through eventually giving up an easy 2 point.

The cat and mouse game that I experience on occasion happens in situations exactly like the Wiggins/Taj situation.

If I were controlling Wiggins, and Taj came over to guard Kawhi, as soon as I moved Wiggins over to pick up Lamarcus (because "I'm like alright go get him Taj"), Taj would have followed my exact movement towards Lamarcus. Seeing that Taj has decided to pickup Lamarcus, I would have then moved Wiggins back over to guard Kawhi, and as soon as I do that, Taj would have roamed right back over to Kawhi. Taj would basically mirror exactly what Wiggins would do.

I think I have a recorded clip on my PS4 share. But if not, I'll probably stumble onto another same exact scenario sooner or later because there's no way to tell your teammate "I got this, get out of here."