Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   How hard would this really be to implement? (/forums/showthread.php?t=921009)

sportomatic75 11-12-2017 04:09 PM

How hard would this really be to implement?

You know how in real life they knee the ball out to end a game and everyone runs onto the field to shake hands? Why can't the EA devs come up with a presentation for this in the game and use programming logic to determine when to trigger this cutscene? I think it would be really nice to shake up Madden as it has always been unrealistic in this area for years. The programming would be something along the lines of if < 1 timeout and clock = "insert time of game clock" then play the cutscene.

T4VERTS 11-13-2017 07:33 AM

Re: How hard would this really be to implement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportomatic75 (Post 2049111366)
You know how in real life they knee the ball out to end a game and everyone runs onto the field to shake hands? Why can't the EA devs come up with a presentation for this in the game and use programming logic to determine when to trigger this cutscene? I think it would be really nice to shake up Madden as it has always been unrealistic in this area for years. The programming would be something along the lines of if < 1 timeout and clock = "insert time of game clock" then play the cutscene.

You're over simplifying things quite a bit. Not earth shattering, but not one line and you're done haha.

itsmb8 11-13-2017 06:43 PM

In reality it would be more like,

IF winning team has ball, then

IF losing team has zero timeouts, then

IF game clock < play clock, then

OPTION end game cutscene YES/NO

prey2god 11-14-2017 02:18 AM

You're asking for too much. They can't even implement correct career/season stats and game logs for individual players. Fix that first. Baby steps.

ednaaard 11-14-2017 04:27 AM

I think if the criteria matches, give a quick call option like the hurry up offence or spike ball actions. I don't think we need to debate on what the criteria is, but more like, would we like it.

I think the answer would be a resounding yes.

Toupal 11-14-2017 04:43 PM

I ask that question every year in regards to custom draft classes or editing a prospect prior to the draft.

sportomatic75 11-15-2017 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prey2god (Post 2049113301)
You're asking for too much. They can't even implement correct career/season stats and game logs for individual players. Fix that first. Baby steps.

If we are talking baby steps, then they have to fix the running animations. All movement in general is what really bothers me with this game. It's been bad for many years now