Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 18 Interview - Online Play, Gameplay Improvements, No Micro Transactions (/forums/showthread.php?t=928443)

Steve_OS 03-08-2018 04:12 PM

MLB The Show 18 Interview - Online Play, Gameplay Improvements, No Micro Transactions

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/mlb...play-interview

Good stuff here.

jeffy777 03-08-2018 04:29 PM

Re: MLB The Show 18 Interview - Online Play, Gameplay Improvements, No Micro Transact

Probably the best 18 article so far.

Benz87 03-08-2018 04:54 PM

Re: MLB The Show 18 Interview - Online Play, Gameplay Improvements, No Micro Transact

Seeing as there are all these changes to how your player is built in RTTS, do we still have the option of importing our file from last years game?

Didnt see it mentioned.

Dolenz 03-08-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz87 (Post 2049260070)
Seeing as there are all these changes to how your player is built in RTTS, do we still have the option of importing our file from last years game?

Didnt see it mentioned.

Yes, but you still have to choose a player archetype and if your skills exceed their caps you will be slowly nerfed until you fall within their limits

Blegh 03-08-2018 05:13 PM

I wonder if no micro transactions had something to do with NBA 2K debacle!

Trackball 03-08-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blegh (Post 2049260098)
I wonder if no micro transactions had something to do with NBA 2K debacle!

It may well be the case. Speaking as a big NBA 2K fan who buys The Show despite not being a baseball fan (but yay Astros!) because the latter is just that darn good, it really hurt to see 2K and Visual Concepts drop the ball so hard with making their MyCareer mode so money-grubbing.

Seriously, seeing that Mostly Negative rating on Steam really, really stings me as a basketball fan. The franchise modes play great, and on the court 2K18 is a thing of beauty, but 2K burst the bubble with the career mode.

Oh well. It seems other companies are learning from 2K's mistakes, and that can only be good for gamers.

Just throwing in my two cents as an NBA 2K fan who was repelled from this year's career mode.
Good on Sony San Diego for seeing them stumble and saying "yeah, let's not do that."

Blegh 03-08-2018 08:21 PM

I'm the opposite. I dont like basketball but buy NBA 2K because the gameplay is the best representations of its sport. I never touched career modes in sports games before because i prefer to play with real players. I gave 2k's career mode a chance and i actually enjoyed it until i grew tired of the stupid cutscenes, music, and dancing. The grinding didnt bother me albeit, it was obnoxious. I wish they remove micro transactions in card based modes as well because the pay to win nonsense needs to stop.

Beelzebot44 03-09-2018 09:00 PM

They need to stop with this "no microtransactions" nonsense. They did NOT remove them, they just changed them and made them harder to avoid. Now you are artificially stopped from advancing in certain skills unless you purchase equipment. Why are people falling for this lie about eliminating them?

I've never played DD and never spent a dime on stubs, but I easily could get my RTTS player to 99 every year. Just play games, your player would get points and you would get stubs that you could use to boost the points, but you didn't really need to. Now you have no option. If you want a true 5 tool player you have to spend stubs to get gear to get by the artificial limits imposed on your attributes.