Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   MLB The Show 18: Bugs, Corrections (/forums/showthread.php?t=929249)

adamj2281 03-23-2018 06:18 AM

MLB The Show 18: Bugs, Corrections

First off, love the gameplay and the game, but I think there is generally a thread for bugs/issues found to help the dev team patch them, so here goes:

Where/When: Franchise Mode Opening Day 2018 Intro (Carry-over Franchise from 2017), Braves v. Phillies, Suntrust

Issue(s): Both SP's had 11-0 records for the previous year
Julio Teheran's stat line showed AL in the comparison screen instead of NL.

jada855 03-23-2018 08:03 AM

Re: MLB The Show 18: Bugs, Corrections

Is this the official thread or will this get locked/closed? Or do we post somewhere elese?

Face Plates

Can’t adjust helment type from a MLB 17 carry over save for CAP nor MLB Players. Optione are greyed out on CAP players no ability to turn the faceplate option on or off.

Update: This will be fixed in a patch

Link to thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...aceguards.html

Showtime UI

Showtime UI BAR remains on even when options are set too off.

Occurs when using Player Lock!

Defensive Slow Down Reaction

Occurs when ball is hit and playing a defensive position in my case short stop. No option to turn it off as mentioned very adimately in the stream

Update: Turn Off Slow Down Reaction

• Check out this thread! Showtime UI Bar is still a issue though.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=130

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...thread-18.html

DickDalewood 03-23-2018 08:23 AM

During Play Now I’ve had the announcers say it was Rizzo and Heyward’s (Cubs) first years at the Big League level.

tree3five 03-23-2018 09:18 AM

Can’t edit face guards or two ear flap helmets in the edit player screen.

BWW2201 03-23-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jada855 (Post 2049280325)
Is this the official thread or will this get locked/closed? Or do we post somewhere elese?

Face Plates

Can’t adjust helment type from a MLB 17 carry over save for CAP nor MLB Players. Optione are greyed out on CAP players no ability to turn the faceplate option on or off.

Showtime UI

Showtime UI BAR remains on even when options are set too off.

Occurs when using Player Lock!

Defensive Slow Down Reaction

Occurs when ball is hit and playing a defensive position in my case short stop. No option to turn it off as mentioned very adimately in the stream

Agreed, the Showtime graphic needs to go
(also, not a fan of the screen wipe in RTTS - what is that? occurs way too often)

The Kid 24 03-23-2018 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tree3five (Post 2049280425)
Can’t edit face guards or two ear flap helmets in the edit player screen.

REALLY hope we get an answer to this.................

MichaelCook17 03-23-2018 10:46 AM

In SOTS, Mid 8th is listed twice instead of one for Mid 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLLmatic 03-23-2018 10:51 AM

adamj2281 03-23-2018 09:30 PM

No clue if this will get stickied, but there's one bug which I'm not sure if it's me or what (it's been in the last 2 years and is really annoying):

Batting with Zone/Analog. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs. It could just be a runner on first.

I hit a weak line drive that drops, it's clearly going to drop off the bat and the runners run back to the base. Now - note there's 2 outs, so there's absolutely no reason for the runners to go back to the base.

It just cost me a game. Come on SCEA

captaink 03-23-2018 10:00 PM

User profile stats are giving totals instead of averages.

aparks87 03-23-2018 10:09 PM

Single player/Offline DD games are defaulting to fast play instead of the hybrid or broadcast presentation package.

Gagnon39 03-23-2018 10:42 PM

For the love...

Please fix the uniform number problem that's been in the game for years and years. It's not a big deal for franchise since we can go in and edit the numbers but for Road to The Show when another player is placed on the roster that has the same number as you, the game forces you to hand over your number and take the next highest available number. It's infuriating, especially considering we see our player's back often in Road to The Show. Simple solution... give users the ability to edit jersey numbers for all players in Road to The Show.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

marinerz 03-23-2018 10:48 PM

Where/When: Play Now, Pirates vs. Brewers, Miller Park

Issue(s): Had man on first. Sent him on a hit and run, but lined out to the first basemen, who then doubled me up on 1st. Looking at the box score, it counted it as a caught stealing rather than a double play.

Juzbee 03-23-2018 10:59 PM

I have noticed a problem with carry over franchise -- I was in the June of 2018 in my franchise, but after importing it into MLB 18, my franchise is now in June of 2019.

If this should be posted elsewhere, please let me know.

Bunselpower32 03-23-2018 11:38 PM

When: During a Double Play

Issue: The 2B makes the flip to second base, the SS receives it but makes a bad throw, pulling the 1B off the bag. No extra bases are taken. The SS receives an error.

Solution: Don't charge an error to the SS on that play, refer to rule 10.12.d.3 in the official MLB rules.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Operation Sports mobile app

Jimmydm90 03-24-2018 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DickDalewood (Post 2049280337)
During Play Now I’ve had the announcers say it was Rizzo and Heyward’s (Cubs) first years at the Big League level.

I also had the announcers do that for Austin Jackson (Giants) in play now mode. They did the whole "first hit in the MLB" animation.

When : All the time.

Issue: Sounds of the show often doesn't play on batter walk ups and when it does play music it is very quiet. Sounds of the show clips are very quiet in general.

og236 03-24-2018 12:11 AM

Where: I saw it in an exhibition I played Angels @ Giants

Issue: Commentary- Matty V announced Cozart as the SS when he’s a 3B now & Andrelton was at SS

Fobabawill 03-24-2018 12:26 AM

Not sure if other teams are affected or not or if I missed something but accessories colored with "team color 1" for the Braves should turn blue when wearing the alternate road uniforms instead of staying red. It was correct in 17.

Mr_Met 03-24-2018 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmydm90 (Post 2049282163)
I also had the announcers do that for Austin Jackson (Giants) in play now mode. They did the whole "first hit in the MLB" animation.

When : All the time.

Issue: Sounds of the show often doesn't play on batter walk ups and when it does play music it is very quiet. Sounds of the show clips are very quiet in general.

Same issue here.

pickle2002 03-24-2018 12:38 AM

When: Started a new RTTS and in my first AA game (first at bat)

Issue: I think it was Matt, said that it was my final year on my contract and I will be testing the open market during free agency.

Obviously I won’t be testing the open market for a long while.

Skyboxer 03-24-2018 01:23 AM

SOTS:

MID 8th is listed twice. The 2nd one should say Mid 9th

alvarasus 03-24-2018 02:11 AM

Carry over player from 17 in Road to the Show.
If you win the Home Run Derby the manager will send you email about it.

Bug the E-mail gets sent to you through out the season and even in the off season. Had it appear thirty times. Second bug is in the Road to the Show Home Run Distances are not being shown after every home run.

ninertravel 03-24-2018 04:55 AM

Can’t import playerin franchise and yes the option is there not sure if it’s a bug . Unless they are going to patch this in but you can’t use it so why have the option

PhilliesFan13 03-24-2018 08:01 AM

Players are still wearing sunglasses during night games.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

HockeyRef33 03-24-2018 08:10 AM

Quick menu accent color not correct. I was playing local head to head play now with a buddy Nationals vs. Rockies, and the menu coloring was purple for both teams.

And THIS, which is a carry over bug from 17 and drives me crazy. Runner on 2nd, if you hit a groundball the runner will almost always slide into third regardless if the ground ball gets into the outfield. This makes it impossible to try to go second to home on a ground ball up the middle. Has cost me a few runs.

Hopefully there is an opening day patch coming soon!

Porters55 03-24-2018 09:57 AM

When: During gameplay (not in player edit screen)

Issue: All traditional catcher masks are black. They're correctly colored in the player edit screen but during an actual game they are all completely black, both the padding and the frame.

manny2012 03-24-2018 11:46 AM

Issue: playing in Toronto broadcast cam. After some hits the field will look "grainy" for a quick moment. Happened several times during the game.

Baseball Purist 03-24-2018 12:43 PM

Issue: the scorebar on the top left screen sometimes leaves a long blank black rectangle as if its supposed to highlight a quick stat, but sometimes doesn't disappear for awhile.

LastActionHero 03-24-2018 01:03 PM

Chalk lines at Wrigley Field are not degrading.

Bunselpower32 03-24-2018 01:14 PM

When: following a pinch hitter.

Issue: pressing left on the D-pad doesn't bring up the batters and their ratings for the next three guys.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Operation Sports mobile app

Turbojugend 03-24-2018 01:21 PM

Kauffman Stadium is misspelled on the Royals' dugout.

PhilliesFan13 03-24-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbojugend (Post 2049282825)
Kauffman Stadium is misspelled on the Royals' dugout.

Oh wow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mr_Met 03-24-2018 02:31 PM

Issue: Broken batting stance creator. The changes not only don't save but the stance gets completely ruined.

I attached some photo's for proof.

MatrixTN 03-24-2018 02:47 PM

Mode: Any game using quick counts.

Bug: Scorebars do not display pitch counts if you are using quick counts.

On Theme 1, the pitch count is on the far right, upper half - below is the outs. If QC is on, that section is a full box displaying the outs.

On Theme 2, the pitch count is above the batter's count - if QC is on, it says COUNT instead of displaying the pitch count.

MLB Network - Pitch count is next to the outs on the lower right. If QC is on, OUTS is displayed instead.

morph1n 03-24-2018 02:50 PM

Game Mode:
RTTS (RF)

Occurance:
Playing defense in the outfield.

Description:
The game is not keeping track of the pitchers pitch count correctly.
Ex. I'm in the outfield, our pitchers pitch count shows 2 pitches, however the count is 2-2 and it's the second inning.

Minookacubfan73 03-24-2018 02:52 PM

While playing RTTS, I have noticed several occasions where I hold L2 to get a better view of the ball, and the screen turns completely Gray for a few seconds.

Has happened several times already during RTTS at random times.

Yankeefan1991 03-24-2018 03:00 PM

i don´t get it...maybe a bug

played 10 games yesterday with no problems. today i can´t enter games anymore it crahes an there comes the error code CE-34878-0.

it happens since the game got online access

any others out there with the same problem ?

Caulfield 03-24-2018 04:46 PM

wanted to sort by service time, cant. also wanted to sort by salary, cant

tigsbaseballfan 03-24-2018 05:21 PM

play a game mode, Comerica Park

playing vs. Angels, they hit a ground rule double that just cleared the right field wall by the foul pole, I was able to control my fielder Castellanos right into the background street "under" the bleachers, the Angels batter kept running and it counted as an inside the park home run.

xNeurosiis 03-24-2018 05:29 PM

Not a bug, but a correction:

The red on accessories, undershirts, shoes, and batting helmets needs to be the same shade of red as the team’s standard red. On the Angels throwbacks, the red color is still too dark.