Home

Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

This is a discussion on Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2018, 09:31 PM   #137
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official MLB 18 : Road to the Show Thread

Playing, but I discovered if you hold the left stick right after the hit, it will eye on the ball.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 03-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #138
Pro

How To Turn Off Slow Reaction

Shout Out to @MrArlingtonBeach for posting this! Made the sweetest diving natural reaction play right after turning this option off forever!

Post Link

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...&postcount=130

Old 03-25-2018, 12:24 AM   #139
Banned

OVR: 27

I don't understand this. I created a speedy CF and was drafted by the Phillies. However, the only time I see any time in CF is when a LHP is on mound. Other than that I'm a leadoff DH. Why?

Also, I hate this new baserunning camera.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by PhilliesFan13; 03-25-2018 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:00 AM   #140
Pro

My only real issue so far is that I can't seem to hit for power. I'm in the middle of May with 0 HR.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:28 AM   #141
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Yea, I really just can't with this game anymore.

My issues:

1. I'm a 3B for the Orioles, overall is 62 and here were my AA stats:

- .383 avg, 10 HR's, 293 plate appearances, a 3B fielding % of .983, a .378 avg wit RISP, ISO is .200 and an POP (OBP+SLG+Batting Avg) of 1.312!

But yet, not promoted. I checked the roster of AA, AAA, and MLB.

My position at AAA the guy is rated also 62 and when I tried to check his stats, I can't because the game doesn't track Minor League stats. Woops forgot about that.

2. So Manny Machado is rated 86 OVR and playing SS, but there's also Freddy Galvis who is rated 82 OVR whom is also playing SS, but there's a 63 rated OVR guy at 3B???????

Why?

3. I finally got promoted as a 63 OVR straight from AA to MLB (for some odd reason) and in my first 5 games, I went 1 for 20. That's right folks. ONE FOR TWENTY. I'm not ready for MLB level, I'm good for AAA level.

So instead of the game letting me PROGRESS as an 18 year old to AAA and up the ladder, they bumped me into the Majors which a sure fire way of giving me a serious bump in my career, if not ruining my potential...just like it would in real life. It also took them a pretty long time to promote. My stats were off the charts after 300+ plate appearances which is more than enough time to decipher a prospect.

So I'm basically a 62 OVR 3rd baseman who is playing AT 3B while there are two Shortstops playing....Machado and Galvis who BOTH can play 3B.

There are serious problems with this mode. I think I'm done guys. I gave it a serious try.

I won't even get into the issues that come up with the AI wanting you to switch positions and how it can mess up your archetype by doing this. We'll talk about that later, or others can bring it up.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 03-25-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #142
Rookie

is there any way to use the old camera in the field? I can's see when zoomed out so far at third base. I've been manual zooming with the right stick but it's very annoying.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:08 AM   #143
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Yea, I really just can't with this game anymore.

My issues:

1. I'm a 3B for the Orioles, overall is 62 and here were my AA stats:

- .383 avg, 10 HR's, 293 plate appearances, a 3B fielding % of .983, a .378 avg wit RISP, ISO is .200 and an POP (OBP+SLG+Batting Avg) of 1.312!

But yet, not promoted. I checked the roster of AA, AAA, and MLB.

My position at AAA the guy is rated also 62 and when I tried to check his stats, I can't because the game doesn't track Minor League stats. Woops forgot about that.

2. So Manny Machado is rated 86 OVR and playing SS, but there's also Freddy Galvis who is rated 82 OVR whom is also playing SS, but there's a 63 rated OVR guy at 3B???????

Why?

3. I finally got promoted as a 63 OVR straight from AA to MLB (for some odd reason) and in my first 5 games, I went 1 for 20. That's right folks. ONE FOR TWENTY. I'm not ready for MLB level, I'm good for AAA level.

So instead of the game letting me PROGRESS as an 18 year old to AAA and up the ladder, they bumped me into the Majors which a sure fire way of giving me a serious bump in my career, if not ruining my potential...just like it would in real life. It also took them a pretty long time to promote. My stats were off the charts after 300+ plate appearances which is more than enough time to decipher a prospect.

So I'm basically a 62 OVR 3rd baseman who is playing AT 3B while there are two Shortstops playing....Machado and Galvis who BOTH can play 3B.

There are serious problems with this mode. I think I'm done guys. I gave it a serious try.

I won't even get into the issues that come up with the AI wanting you to switch positions and how it can mess up your archetype by doing this. We'll talk about that later, or others can bring it up.
Sounds like this mode is pretty much broken, unless you don't mind having almost no control over how your player develops and progresses. For my money, I liked the manual point allocation system better.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:20 AM   #144
Rookie

I settled on making a Closer, got Drafted by the Dodgers, not my Cubs but hey I'll go where they send me.

I think it will be better this time as before playing a Closer meant spending money to keep your stats up because of your limited pitching but now it rewards what you do so liking that.
Did not like being put into a Starter role and running on empty by 7th innings, was aiming into the center of the zone but my pitches were all over the joint LOL, thankfully I am back in my Closer role and reinforced it when I had the cut scene.

Think I might get up to AAA soon as I am doing well and am ready, not sure but it is heading to the end of my first year so that is cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »