Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=499)
-   -   The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained (/forums/showthread.php?t=932072)

EccentricMeat 05-08-2018 02:22 AM

The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

Update for Next-Gen 2K21

ALL of the below information is still accurate for the next-gen version of 2K21, EXCEPT for a noticeable change with how the Acceleration attribute slider affects the player with the ball. Whereas in years past the Acceleration attribute sliders had very little affect to the player with the ball, in next-gen 2K21 the Acceleration attribute slider has essentially a 1-to-1 affect here. That is to say, if you set the Acceleration attribute slider to 0, off-ball AND on-ball movement will take forever to get to top speed. Strangely enough, the Speed attribute slider still has no noticeable affect on the speed of the player with the ball.

So again, all the below information is true EXCEPT that the Acceleration attribute slider affects both on-ball AND off-ball acceleration.

*The information beyond this point remains in its original un-edited context*

Alright, after spending the better part of the last 2 weeks focusing on trying to correct animations, player movement with/without the ball, giving players "weight" while not limiting the explosiveness of playmakers, etc. I have FINALLY come to understand how all of the different speed and movement sliders work together in NBA 2K18 (EDIT: Details below are still accurate in 2K20).

Game Speed

Spoiler

Speed, Acceleration, and Lateral Quickness

Spoiler

Movement Sliders

Spoiler

Summary + Suggested Tweaks

Spoiler

Here's hoping my weeks of suffering before figuring all of this out is worth it to some of the other Slider Guru's out there.

If you have any questions at all or need suggestions to fix a specific movement issue, ASK! Be as detailed as you can and I will be happy to help!

:cheers:

GamerKeima 05-08-2018 04:59 AM

Re: The "Game Speed, Speed/Accel Attributes, and Movement" Sliders Explained

So what game speed do you recommend? And between the 40-50 for sa min rating what do you use?

GamerKeima 05-08-2018 05:07 AM

So what game speed do you recommend? And between the 40-50 for the* min rating what do you use?

EccentricMeat 05-08-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerKeima (Post 2049348556)
So what game speed do you recommend? And between the 40-50 for the* min rating what do you use?

This post isn't to recommend exact settings, just to give a better explanation to how all the different movement settings interact.

You can have high Game Speed and low Movement sliders to compensate, or low Game Speed and high Movement sliders. There's really no perfect setting (or at least, I haven't been able to find one yet anyway) so try to find what feels/looks best to you and tweak from there!

GamerKeima 05-09-2018 04:54 AM

Can you update your sliders on psn with this new movement slider?

EccentricMeat 05-09-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamerKeima (Post 2049349618)
Can you update your sliders on psn with this new movement slider?

I haven’t finished any updates yet. This post is not to say “here’s the settings for perfect movement” as unfortunately there’s no such thing in 2K18. This post just breaks down how different facets of movement can be manipulated by the sliders to get the results you’re looking for. There’s no one correct way to tweak movement.

I’m still working on perfecting MY version of how I want movement to look/feel/play.

vannwolfhawk 05-25-2018 09:04 PM

Good stuff! I am not sure to thank you or scold you! LOL! I went down this rabbit hole last night for 6 hours after reading this to test and see what I could get. I was pretty happy with my previous set except a few minor things. This changed it all though. It really comes down to user preference in speed they like.

I was playing at speed 52 as I thought that was what controlled off ball speed and movement in plays etc... I have gone with 48 now and adjusted from there. Only problem I had to start over with where before I had great balance in foul calls, blocking fouls, charges, etc and had to really tweak the on ball D, lateral quickness, and drop the CPU fouls believe it or not to get that back.

I agree with everything you said though and it all worked great in the end! Thank you!

EccentricMeat 05-26-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk (Post 2049367056)
Good stuff! I am not sure to thank you or scold you! LOL! I went down this rabbit hole last night for 6 hours after reading this to test and see what I could get. I was pretty happy with my previous set except a few minor things. This changed it all though. It really comes down to user preference in speed they like.

I was playing at speed 52 as I thought that was what controlled off ball speed and movement in plays etc... I have gone with 48 now and adjusted from there. Only problem I had to start over with where before I had great balance in foul calls, blocking fouls, charges, etc and had to really tweak the on ball D, lateral quickness, and drop the CPU fouls believe it or not to get that back.

I agree with everything you said though and it all worked great in the end! Thank you!

See how much more enjoyable it can be to tweak sliders when you have a decent understanding of what those sliders do? If only 2K could come out and post these types of threads so that WE don’t have to [emoji28]

Glad it helped man!