Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Tennis (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=270)
-   -   Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later (/forums/showthread.php?t=932562)

Steve_OS 05-22-2018 07:30 AM

Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One, Online Multiplayer Coming Later

Tennis World Tour is available now for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC/Steam users will have...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

Kayotick 05-22-2018 08:25 AM

Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

My very early impressions taken from another post:

I am liking the game so far. The create a player is pretty bare bones. My only gripe right now and this needs to get addressed ASAP is the computer had two Aces against me and both shots were called out but they counted. The text on the screen even said "Ace". Additionally there were a couple of other ground strokes that I hit which were clearly in but the announcer called out, but the point was awarded to me. I checked BigBen's Website but I did not see an official forum or somewhere I can report this to. I have not gotten into the Career mode as I just messed around with the tutorial and am currently playing an exhibition match.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

eyeknowzz 05-22-2018 09:20 AM

Re: Tennis World Tour Available Now For PS4 & Xbox One - Post Your Impressions Here

I posted this in the closed thread so I'll post here now.

My early impressions are not very favorable. This game doesn't look or feel like a current gen title in my opinion. I have this game on PS4 Pro and the graphics don't look great at all. I couldn't really tell from the pre release videos, but all of the real players have a very cartoonish type of look. The create a player is absolutely terrible. As far as I can tell you can only pick a preset face and there is no other way to change their facial appearance, hairstyles, etc. As for the on court gameplay it just feels kind of blah to me. I'm hoping it'll grow on me but I'm doubtful. Big Ben will need to provide a lot of post release updates or else I believe this game will be a colossal failure. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered this game and just waited for the inevitable price drop.

georgiafan 05-22-2018 11:27 AM

here Is a random video I found online for anyone that hasn't played it yet like me

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TOT_1813Wjg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stocksy 05-22-2018 11:31 AM

From all the info id read and vids id seen - alarm bells were ringing.

Seemed like it was going to disappoint - which is a shame - really want a tennis game but everything from lack of creation options and player share options to the lacking roster and terrible over priced legends edition - I don't have high hopes they will support this after release either.

Had hoped this would be good would have got in on switch and also on either ps4/xb1 but don't think I can justify getting it on any at this point.

Dos_Santos 05-22-2018 12:50 PM

One thing that surprises me is how non Top Spin it plays. I know they had to build from scratch, but they clearly did not hire the workhorse from 2K Czech.

Kayotick 05-22-2018 01:37 PM

One thing I noticed is that I cannot play online. I am not an online player so it's no big deal to me but curious as to why the mode is there but I cannot click on it. I thought maybe it was locked until I reached a certain level with my player. So far I am a level 6 and it still not letting me click on it. Also I noticed there were different options for the camera but it never actually changes regardless of where I am at in the game. I emailed their support team about my previous issues with balls being called out when they are in but have not heard anything yet. I literally had a ball in by 6 feet get called out. Right now I feel like the career mode is going to be more entertaining than Full Ace Tennis but Full Ace Tennis plays a better game IMO.

This definitely does not have a Top Spin feel to it. With all this said I am still enjoying the game but there are some glaring issues that need to get rectified with some core components of the game. I was hoping they had Hawk Eye, sadly I have not seen this unless it's only in the Major tournaments. In the Career mode there is commentary from one of the McEnroe's but it gets really repetitive and often times he will say something that doesn't apply.

loso_34 05-22-2018 02:03 PM

I’ve watched a few streams last night and I never saw the ball hit or clip the net..also saw zero unforced errors.