Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Open Beta: Why Not? (/forums/showthread.php?t=933945)

SN49ers 06-22-2018 08:49 PM

Open Beta: Why Not?

EA released a beta version of Madden 19 and I wonder: why not make an open beta? They would have a much bigger feedback. Why make something so restricted?

canes21 06-22-2018 08:54 PM

Re: Open Beta: Why Not?

One reason is you then have feedback flooding in and you can't judge the credibility of everything you receive. If they use data to pick the majority of players in the closed beta and see s certain demographic raising the same issues then they know they might actually have an issue to fix.

scitychamps87 06-22-2018 10:38 PM

I still think one will happen

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

SN49ers 06-23-2018 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canes21 (Post 2049400857)
One reason is you then have feedback flooding in and you can't judge the credibility of everything you receive. If they use data to pick the majority of players in the closed beta and see s certain demographic raising the same issues then they know they might actually have an issue to fix.

I dont think so ... With more people testing the game the feedback is bigger and they have the opportunity to find bugs faster and fix the game before launch. If few people test the game, there is a risk that some things go undetected. Every year we have to wait for a big patch right after the release to fix many bugs, maybe they can avoid that if more people play the game. Also, other EA games usually have a open beta or Demo. Why not Madden?

scitychamps87 06-23-2018 11:28 AM

Open beta movement. Let's get it started

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app

kehlis 06-23-2018 11:31 AM

I wouldn't want an open beta, they are trying to control the audience and the feedback they get as much they can as Canes21 eluded to.

SilverBullet19 06-23-2018 11:43 AM

-TOO MUCH FEEDBACK. There is such a thing, lol. By doing open Beta, they would be flooded with comments. On top of that, it opens it to more casual players. You wind up with people who give poor feedback such as "this or that is harddd wahhh" and feedback like "player's heads are too small" even if you have released info that's a bug that's going to be fixed etc. With a small group of dedicated gamers, you can get better, solid feedback on the game overall.

-LEAKED FOOTAGE. The beta rules clearly state not to post pictures or video. The bigger your sample, the bigger chance someone disobeys this rule. The small size is easier to control.

Those are two big reasons I can think of.

jsteele14 06-23-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverBullet19 (Post 2049401409)
-TOO MUCH FEEDBACK. There is such a thing, lol. By doing open Beta, they would be flooded with comments. On top of that, it opens it to more casual players. You wind up with people who give poor feedback such as "this or that is harddd wahhh" and feedback like "player's heads are too small" even if you have released info that's a bug that's going to be fixed etc. With a small group of dedicated gamers, you can get better, solid feedback on the game overall.

-LEAKED FOOTAGE. The beta rules clearly state not to post pictures or video. The bigger your sample, the bigger chance someone disobeys this rule. The small size is easier to control.

Those are two big reasons I can think of.

Of course if you open the beta then leaked footage is not a concern. Everyone is able to play the game so no reason to hide footage. You only keep footage from leaking when you only give access to a small number of people.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk