Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   WR not attacking the ball on deep 50/50 balls (/forums/showthread.php?t=936519)

novadolla 08-10-2018 03:56 AM

WR not attacking the ball on deep 50/50 balls

Seems like everytime i throw a deep jump ball, no matter who the WR is, it has a higher chance being picked off by the DB than it being incomplete. The DBs attacks the ball while the WR just fades away from the catch. This os quite annoying

paulb1976 08-10-2018 05:01 AM

Re: WR not attacking the ball on deep 50/50 balls

Quote:

Originally Posted by novadolla (Post 2049465651)
Seems like everytime i throw a deep jump ball, no matter who the WR is, it has a higher chance being picked off by the DB than it being incomplete. The DBs attacks the ball while the WR just fades away from the catch. This os quite annoying

I had the same experience today in a game. Multiple times to different receivers, the corner aggressively played the ball while the receivers just run through the route. It reminded me of Madden 15, that issue was chronic in 15. Really killed the game.

Cato06 08-10-2018 06:58 AM

I think they’re forcing us to try and take control of the receiver and make the catch. I used to throw and just let the cpu do the work cause I’m old school, but that’s not really how the game is supposed to be played now. Also I noticed if you use the directional passing when hucking it up downfield, it helps keeping the DB away from the ball.

However I agree. They should have it be a setting. Either you choose full control over receivers or have the AI have full control over WR animations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

YaBarber 08-10-2018 07:44 AM

While i understand the need to please the competitive crowd and give users all the control, this just doesn’t sit well with me. I play in a no switch/no user catch league because we prefer ratings to actually play a role in our games over user “skill” and by forcing users to do literally everything even catch the ball it ruins the experience for us. I can’t throw a fade because the WR will just keep running and not even attempt to high point the ball and instead the DB does it for him for an easy pick almost every time.

Just once I would like for EA to focus on staying true to their word and not fully support one style of gameplay when they literally implemented 3 separate modes so that we all could have our own tailored experiences. I’m not surprised that the separation was mostly cosmetic but still, disappointing like usual.

seasprite 08-10-2018 08:58 AM

I've had some success with goalline fades. I have normally been throwing to big receivers like Ashlon. Doesn't work every time which is realistic, but I have seen a few times my big WR fighting for the ball and coming down with it.......not usering the WR

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

Earl1963 08-10-2018 09:25 AM

User catching is the only way I have ever played Madden, more fun that way.

mattm7x 08-10-2018 10:00 AM

50/50 aggressive catches have been ok for me. My issue has been with RAC catches. Too many times the ball will hit my receiver in the shoulder pads and he doesn't react til after the ball is almost to the ground. He will just do a lunging animation....

King Gro23 08-10-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb1976 (Post 2049465673)
I had the same experience today in a game. Multiple times to different receivers, the corner aggressively played the ball while the receivers just run through the route. It reminded me of Madden 15, that issue was chronic in 15. Really killed the game.

This.... my number one issue on some routes are the WR literally running through routes taking themselves out of positions. Yea the cornerback has its advantages but the lack of control of a wide receiver while ball is in air is what bothers me.. trying to stop a receiver on a fade or streak is similar to attempting to stop a high speed train

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports