Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category (/forums/showthread.php?t=943367)

ncaa98 12-10-2018 07:45 PM

Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category

The way the NFL is going this is how most RB's will be evaluated.

Not sure about y'all but I would love to see it in Madden 20.

Shosum13 12-10-2018 08:54 PM

Re: Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category

Isn't their motto still it's in the game?

Agreed, they need to add more in depth stat tracking in to the game. Another one that I really want to see added is some more in depth metrics to evaluate defensive back performance. They need to add times thrown, an improve the tracking on catches allowed.

sinthros 12-10-2018 10:47 PM

I don't know how long it's been since this has been omitted, but they no longer track receiver drops; I mean, that's basic stuff, man.

Shosum13 12-10-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinthros (Post 2049632842)
I don't know how long it's been since this has been omitted, but they no longer track receiver drops; I mean, that's basic stuff, man.

Exactly, with some positions how are you supposed to really gauge how a player is actually performing for you on the field. Maybe you have a DB that doesn't have many passes deflected or interceptions but that's because he hardly gets thrown at because his coverage ability. Maybe you have a WR that is top 10 in the league in receptions and yards but he also leads the league in drops (cough, cough Braylon Edwards). We wouldn't know though because Madden doesn't track any of the more in depth stats. Another thing that's bothered me is on the team stats page, can we please either change what we have now or add a view that shows the different yardage categories as a per game average.

PhillyPhanatic14 12-11-2018 09:46 AM

Was just thinking this over the weekend with Gore moving up on the all time list. We need more records to break as well. The bigger the statbook the better.

Shosum13 12-11-2018 10:08 AM

NBA 2k has included more in depth metrics stats and I believe MLB the show has a lot of the sabermetrics in the game. That's just the way sports are going, teams are using more in depth metrics stats to evaluate players. Now in EA's NHL series I get why they are not in yet because metrics have just really started catching on. They've been used in the NFL now for at least a few years with the introduction of sites like pro football focus. They should be looking at ways to get at least some of these in to Madden.

BBHH1989 12-17-2018 08:12 AM

Stats are really frustrating in Madden. IMO it is the biggest flaw for franchise mode. Why are players missing if I sort for sack leaders or INT leaders on NFL level?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports

Godgers12 12-17-2018 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosum13 (Post 2049632870)
Exactly, with some positions how are you supposed to really gauge how a player is actually performing for you on the field. Maybe you have a DB that doesn't have many passes deflected or interceptions but that's because he hardly gets thrown at because his coverage ability. Maybe you have a WR that is top 10 in the league in receptions and yards but he also leads the league in drops (cough, cough Braylon Edwards). We wouldn't know though because Madden doesn't track any of the more in depth stats. Another thing that's bothered me is on the team stats page, can we please either change what we have now or add a view that shows the different yardage categories as a per game average.

Yes definitely. For offense we see our PPG but on defense just the total points. Also redzone % should not be total scoring % but TD %. I would love to see advance next level PFF type metrics, but they can't even get the catches allowed stat to work, so I'm not holding out hope for that one. Would really love for them to implement some form of a PFF rating system that you can actually view the top rated players at each position for each week and on the season as a whole. The rankings would be based on on-field performance only. Maybe even factor it into pro bowl selection, and development trait progression/regression.

However, that is all some next level stuff that I wouldn't expect to see implemented into Madden with this current group of developers, if ever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app