Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates... (/forums/showthread.php?t=943841)

awffltony77 12-24-2018 04:26 PM

That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates...

When that first dropped...I couldn't stop the CPU ground game, no matter what I did.

Now it seems to have settled back into the same old chugg...even after restarts.

It prompts and checks the tuner on the bottom...but I swear I feel like it's not there anymore.

Madden makes my head want to barf sometimes...

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app

dc thompsoncanyon838 12-24-2018 04:35 PM

Re: That gameplay tuner in the playcall updates...

Yeah. I have been deleting that play call suggestions for couple years or so now figuring I am already being.manipulated enough. Time after time a few games in after new updates things are even worse than before. I am not at that point yet because only played a few times with busy holidays. Also sum of my settings are way different than most so I may not see any regression at all.

skundy 12-25-2018 02:55 PM

I also some of the same things. Always have to readjust after the latest patch. This last one wasn't too bad though I'm actually enjoying Madden again not adjusting so much and slideritis not being as bad.

I've also noticed that sometimes you just can't stop Madden. If you had a game where your defense dominated completely best believe you will have a game where Madden "balances out the stats", at least that is what I've noticed in CFM.

DC what do you notice after you have deleted the playcall data?

dc thompsoncanyon838 12-25-2018 03:03 PM

I have been deleting those suggestions probably beginning with m17. I can't recall before that. I've been wondering about this profile delete thing though. I haven't done a complete deletion so to speak in a long time. Mine is more of a re-set just deleting and then back so that I don't have to re-install so much,over and.over. I have a feeling.though this affects the gameplay. We are given less and less options.

Cycloniac 01-02-2019 09:08 PM

I've just started doing this recently, deleting the "suggestions" file. Tommycoa suggested doing this in his slider thread.

I think it improves the variety of playcalling by the CPU. I'm not sure what else happens though.

tommycoa 01-02-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cycloniac (Post 2049652424)
I've just started doing this recently, deleting the "suggestions" file. Tommycoa suggested doing this in his slider thread.

I think it improves the variety of playcalling by the CPU. I'm not sure what else happens though.

Lots of testing with this and observations. Playcalling is improved and they seem to stay in personell that makes more sense. If they’re power, they stay in 2 back sets on 1st and 2nd downs.

I think the tuner is still there even after you delete. This is pure speculation. Hate to even do that. I don’t know this for a fact, but it seems like they’re just using the gameplay update as a way to inject the tuner into the game. We used to have a Tuner save column, but they rarely do tuners anymore, this is the first one i can remember in years. I think the tuner is save where the other patch/updates go. It’s just injected through playcall because there’s no other way to give it to us. Must work different than a patch.

I still see tuner stuff happen with it deleted. No way to know for sure. This is just my best guess.