Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Georgia Tech Offensive Scheme (/forums/showthread.php?t=944388)

Pandabear218 01-06-2019 12:04 AM

New Georgia Tech Offensive Scheme

Was wondering if anyone has put any time into what the new Georgia Tech offense might look like under Collins/Patenaude? If anyone has recommendations for that or a Collins/Thacker defense I would love some suggestions! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 01-07-2019 12:09 AM

Re: New Georgia Tech Offensive Scheme

I believe they're going to be a pro style. I know that's vague. Whatever he was doing before is my best guess honestly.

Pandabear218 01-07-2019 05:54 AM

Pro seems like a big jump from triple option. I thought they might go RPO or another option to easy the transition.

Proof21 01-07-2019 07:48 AM

Coach indicated a pro-style offense when he was interviewed during the bowl game.

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 01-07-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proof21 (Post 2049656410)
Coach indicated a pro-style offense when he was interviewed during the bowl game.

This. I just don't know how truly pro style they'll go. They could be a trainwreck for a few years though until they get a quarterback.

SilverBullet19 01-07-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandabear218 (Post 2049656394)
Pro seems like a big jump from triple option. I thought they might go RPO or another option to easy the transition.

Depends on the coach's mentality and what kind of timeframe he's expected to start getting wins in. It's not likely a "win now" thing, because the AD knows that the current players were recruited to a very specific offense.

I'd expect pro with MAYBE some RPO stuff mixed in. It will be his or the OC's playbook, with just some things added to appeal to their roster talent. They won't usually try a whole new style of offense just to change it in a couple years.

Should be interesting to see if they pull in a freshman pocket passer, or maybe a grad transfer.