Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Millennium's All-Pro Sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=94530)

Millennium 08-31-2004 01:07 AM

Millennium's All-Pro Sliders

First off, much thanks to SM27 and SirTru of MaddenMania. They provided a great starting point for these sliders. I understand that SM27 has tested the CPU side of the sliders endlessly, which is why you will see only very small adjustments to that side. I also would like to put this out here:

NO ONE SLIDER SET WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE

These could be a basis for you, like Sm27/SirTru's were for me. Or, you could hate them, and tell me what a fool I am for even trying. Either way, I ask that you give them 5 GAMES MINIMUM before coming back with solid feedback. You can post stats or small comments or whatever else, but any firm flaw comments need to be made after 5 games, as this Madden produces more 'off-games' then Madden's of past.

Code:

Difficulty:  All-Pro
          Quarter Length:  12 Minutes (Acc.)
          Sub In/Out:  82%/93%

Slider (Human/CPU)

QB Accuracy        8/8
          Pass Blocking          5/6
          WR Catching        9/12
          Run Blocking          13/19
          RB Ability          10/18

Awareness            9/12
          Knockdowns        7/11
          Interceptions      4/8
          Break Block          1/3
          Tackle                  3/3

FG Length          10/10
          FG Accuracy        5/8
          Punt Length        8/15
          Punt Accuracy  5/11
          KO Length          9/10

Again, I hope you like them. You'll notice the uppnig of Pass Block and Interceptions on the CPU side. These are the two items I wanted to fix for the CPU. I don't mind my guys dropping interceptions due to an issue I caused, but for the CPU to drop interceptions a game on bad passes by me is a flaw in my eyes. This fixes that, if even slightly. And the +1 on the CPU Run Blocking is just to give the CPU the one more little boost to their run game.

Human QB Accuracy had to go up from 4. At 8 I find that guys with 99 THP can throw 55-60 yards in the air (about right for Culpepper and Manning). I also lowered Human Knockdowns and Interceptions because, to my taste, the CPU QB's weren't performing up to standards. I could get 3-4 non-User picks a game, when the NFL average is slightly over 2. Raising the CPU Pass block also helps this. There is a post at MaddenMania that describes 'Pocket Time' with different pass block settings. When I raised the Pass Block sliders a couple of days ago, the CPU QB played much, MUCH better. I read that post tonight, and I can figure out why :waytogo:

So again, any and all feedback is welcome, just make sure you do thourough tests before praising/bashing them.

sjj2xs 08-31-2004 01:35 AM

Re: Millennium's All-Pro Sliders

everything looks good Mill, i let you know after 5 games, by the way what are your penalties settings at?

sport_4141 08-31-2004 03:24 AM

I'll be glad to try your sliders and post the results.

Millennium 08-31-2004 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjj2xs
everything looks good Mill, i let you know after 5 games, by the way what are your penalties settings at?

I have penalties maced out in an effort to get anywhere close to the NFL average for a game (around 6 per team).

hawkeyekid 08-31-2004 07:51 AM

Hey Mill. My edited sliders are almost exactly like yours and there is only a 1 click difference in any of the sliders.

I played Colts vs. Cards last night and had a great realistic game. I forgot the stats but manning had about 280 and a 58% completion percentage and that was with Harrison being hurt. I even returned a kickoff for a TD and Rhodes (78 speed) outran the last guy (78 speed) and the gap between the 2 was the same for the last 30 yards. To me this is good because I guarentee in All madden that the last guy would have made ground on him. Edge ended with 94 yards and 2 TDs.

The Cards backs ended with 120 yards combined but no really big gains which I think is good because they will probably have less big plays than a team with a back like Lewis or Holmes. McCown had about 250 with a 56% but alot were knocked down due to it being late in the game.

Another good thing that I got in this game was the fact that I beat them 27 to 6. I actually pulled away from them in the 4th quarter which has been darn near impossible in past games.

TurboTitan 08-31-2004 08:27 AM

Only difference i have are maxed out CPU AWR and Running, and i lowered RBlocking to 6. great starting point for sure.

mjc68 08-31-2004 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millennium
First off, much thanks to SM27 and SirTru of MaddenMania. They provided a great starting point for these sliders. I understand that SM27 has tested the CPU side of the sliders endlessly, which is why you will see only very small adjustments to that side. I also would like to put this out here:

NO ONE SLIDER SET WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE

These could be a basis for you, like Sm27/SirTru's were for me. Or, you could hate them, and tell me what a fool I am for even trying. Either way, I ask that you give them 5 GAMES MINIMUM before coming back with solid feedback. You can post stats or small comments or whatever else, but any firm flaw comments need to be made after 5 games, as this Madden produces more 'off-games' then Madden's of past.

Code:

Difficulty:  All-Pro
          Quarter Length:  12 Minutes (Acc.)
          Sub In/Out:  82%/93%

Slider (Human/CPU)

QB Accuracy        8/8
          Pass Blocking          5/6
          WR Catching        9/12
          Run Blocking          13/19
          RB Ability          10/18

Awareness            9/12
          Knockdowns        7/11
          Interceptions      4/8
          Break Block          1/3
          Tackle                  3/3

FG Length          10/10
          FG Accuracy        5/8
          Punt Length        8/15
          Punt Accuracy  5/11
          KO Length          9/10

Again, I hope you like them. You'll notice the uppnig of Pass Block and Interceptions on the CPU side. These are the two items I wanted to fix for the CPU. I don't mind my guys dropping interceptions due to an issue I caused, but for the CPU to drop interceptions a game on bad passes by me is a flaw in my eyes. This fixes that, if even slightly. And the +1 on the CPU Run Blocking is just to give the CPU the one more little boost to their run game.

Human QB Accuracy had to go up from 4. At 8 I find that guys with 99 THP can throw 55-60 yards in the air (about right for Culpepper and Manning). I also lowered Human Knockdowns and Interceptions because, to my taste, the CPU QB's weren't performing up to standards. I could get 3-4 non-User picks a game, when the NFL average is slightly over 2. Raising the CPU Pass block also helps this. There is a post at MaddenMania that describes 'Pocket Time' with different pass block settings. When I raised the Pass Block sliders a couple of days ago, the CPU QB played much, MUCH better. I read that post tonight, and I can figure out why :waytogo:

So again, any and all feedback is welcome, just make sure you do thourough tests before praising/bashing them.

Hey Millenium,

Any particular reason why you list your rb ability and run blocking sliders in a different order than the game does? I'd like to try your sliders but I'm worried that they're listed incorrectly.

x2daz109 08-31-2004 01:53 PM

Millenium, not sure if you tested this or not but how well do your sliders hold up in CPU vs. CPU games. I know sm27 found his CPU sliders by testing CPU vs. CPU games, is that the same way you developed your CPU side?