Home

Millennium's All-Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Millennium's All-Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Millennium's All-Pro Sliders

First off, much thanks to SM27 and SirTru of MaddenMania. They provided a great starting point for these sliders. I understand that SM27 has tested the CPU side of the sliders endlessly, which is why you will see only very small adjustments to that side. I also would like to put this out here:

NO ONE SLIDER SET WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE

These could be a basis for you, like Sm27/SirTru's were for me. Or, you could hate them, and tell me what a fool I am for even trying. Either way, I ask that you give them 5 GAMES MINIMUM before coming back with solid feedback. You can post stats or small comments or whatever else, but any firm flaw comments need to be made after 5 games, as this Madden produces more 'off-games' then Madden's of past.

Code:

Difficulty: All-Pro Quarter Length: 12 Minutes (Acc.) Sub In/Out: 82%/93% Slider (Human/CPU) QB Accuracy 8/8 Pass Blocking 5/6 WR Catching 9/12 Run Blocking 13/19 RB Ability 10/18 Awareness 9/12 Knockdowns 7/11 Interceptions 4/8 Break Block 1/3 Tackle 3/3 FG Length 10/10 FG Accuracy 5/8 Punt Length 8/15 Punt Accuracy 5/11 KO Length 9/10
Again, I hope you like them. You'll notice the uppnig of Pass Block and Interceptions on the CPU side. These are the two items I wanted to fix for the CPU. I don't mind my guys dropping interceptions due to an issue I caused, but for the CPU to drop interceptions a game on bad passes by me is a flaw in my eyes. This fixes that, if even slightly. And the +1 on the CPU Run Blocking is just to give the CPU the one more little boost to their run game.

Human QB Accuracy had to go up from 4. At 8 I find that guys with 99 THP can throw 55-60 yards in the air (about right for Culpepper and Manning). I also lowered Human Knockdowns and Interceptions because, to my taste, the CPU QB's weren't performing up to standards. I could get 3-4 non-User picks a game, when the NFL average is slightly over 2. Raising the CPU Pass block also helps this. There is a post at MaddenMania that describes 'Pocket Time' with different pass block settings. When I raised the Pass Block sliders a couple of days ago, the CPU QB played much, MUCH better. I read that post tonight, and I can figure out why

So again, any and all feedback is welcome, just make sure you do thourough tests before praising/bashing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 01:35 AM   #2
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Millennium's All-Pro Sliders

everything looks good Mill, i let you know after 5 games, by the way what are your penalties settings at?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'll be glad to try your sliders and post the results.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:46 AM   #4
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
everything looks good Mill, i let you know after 5 games, by the way what are your penalties settings at?
I have penalties maced out in an effort to get anywhere close to the NFL average for a game (around 6 per team).
Old 08-31-2004, 07:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

Hey Mill. My edited sliders are almost exactly like yours and there is only a 1 click difference in any of the sliders.

I played Colts vs. Cards last night and had a great realistic game. I forgot the stats but manning had about 280 and a 58% completion percentage and that was with Harrison being hurt. I even returned a kickoff for a TD and Rhodes (78 speed) outran the last guy (78 speed) and the gap between the 2 was the same for the last 30 yards. To me this is good because I guarentee in All madden that the last guy would have made ground on him. Edge ended with 94 yards and 2 TDs.

The Cards backs ended with 120 yards combined but no really big gains which I think is good because they will probably have less big plays than a team with a back like Lewis or Holmes. McCown had about 250 with a 56% but alot were knocked down due to it being late in the game.

Another good thing that I got in this game was the fact that I beat them 27 to 6. I actually pulled away from them in the 4th quarter which has been darn near impossible in past games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2004, 08:27 AM   #6
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Only difference i have are maxed out CPU AWR and Running, and i lowered RBlocking to 6. great starting point for sure.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
First off, much thanks to SM27 and SirTru of MaddenMania. They provided a great starting point for these sliders. I understand that SM27 has tested the CPU side of the sliders endlessly, which is why you will see only very small adjustments to that side. I also would like to put this out here:

NO ONE SLIDER SET WILL BE PERFECT FOR EVERYONE

These could be a basis for you, like Sm27/SirTru's were for me. Or, you could hate them, and tell me what a fool I am for even trying. Either way, I ask that you give them 5 GAMES MINIMUM before coming back with solid feedback. You can post stats or small comments or whatever else, but any firm flaw comments need to be made after 5 games, as this Madden produces more 'off-games' then Madden's of past.

Code:

Difficulty: All-Pro Quarter Length: 12 Minutes (Acc.) Sub In/Out: 82%/93% Slider (Human/CPU) QB Accuracy 8/8 Pass Blocking 5/6 WR Catching 9/12 Run Blocking 13/19 RB Ability 10/18 Awareness 9/12 Knockdowns 7/11 Interceptions 4/8 Break Block 1/3 Tackle 3/3 FG Length 10/10 FG Accuracy 5/8 Punt Length 8/15 Punt Accuracy 5/11 KO Length 9/10
Again, I hope you like them. You'll notice the uppnig of Pass Block and Interceptions on the CPU side. These are the two items I wanted to fix for the CPU. I don't mind my guys dropping interceptions due to an issue I caused, but for the CPU to drop interceptions a game on bad passes by me is a flaw in my eyes. This fixes that, if even slightly. And the +1 on the CPU Run Blocking is just to give the CPU the one more little boost to their run game.

Human QB Accuracy had to go up from 4. At 8 I find that guys with 99 THP can throw 55-60 yards in the air (about right for Culpepper and Manning). I also lowered Human Knockdowns and Interceptions because, to my taste, the CPU QB's weren't performing up to standards. I could get 3-4 non-User picks a game, when the NFL average is slightly over 2. Raising the CPU Pass block also helps this. There is a post at MaddenMania that describes 'Pocket Time' with different pass block settings. When I raised the Pass Block sliders a couple of days ago, the CPU QB played much, MUCH better. I read that post tonight, and I can figure out why

So again, any and all feedback is welcome, just make sure you do thourough tests before praising/bashing them.
Hey Millenium,

Any particular reason why you list your rb ability and run blocking sliders in a different order than the game does? I'd like to try your sliders but I'm worried that they're listed incorrectly.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:53 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Millenium, not sure if you tested this or not but how well do your sliders hold up in CPU vs. CPU games. I know sm27 found his CPU sliders by testing CPU vs. CPU games, is that the same way you developed your CPU side?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »