Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Defense is AWFUL (/forums/showthread.php?t=953545)

DukesofHazzard 06-06-2019 03:00 PM

Defense is AWFUL

Defense is awful and defensive animations are awful. I dont know how many times I've ran over to catch a fly ball and before I get there my guy slows down cuz the animation kicks in and the ball ends up going over my head. Happens at least once per game for me. I also just had a fly ball to the warning track and as I ran over to get it no catch animation triggered, my guy just stops and let's it bounce on the track so he can play it off the wall. I'm sorry but SDS to me is becoming like EA

kinsmen7 06-06-2019 03:22 PM

Re: Defense is AWFUL

Michaeljacksoneatingpopcorn.gif

Detroit Tigers 06-06-2019 03:51 PM

The animation is just the representation of him not getting there to make the play, it’s not a 1-to-1, frame-to-frame representation of 100% real-world physics. I know it can be frustrating, especially when it happens at a crucial time, but it’s really no different from a super slow-mo replay where the ball goes through the bat. Just one of those things. Look for it to improve next gen maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Caulfield 06-06-2019 04:22 PM

One might say "fielding is trash"?

Vercingetirex 06-06-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caulfield (Post 2049800710)
One might say "fielding is trash"?

Oh no, please no!

nemesis04 06-06-2019 06:59 PM

I would like to see videos of these happening. The fielding has not been bad for me.

TheWarmWind 06-07-2019 12:44 AM

ermmergurd, my 90 rated fielder missed one ball once, #gameistrash.

Seriously, I'm confused by all the people complaining about the error rate. Do you watch baseball? I have my error rate cranked way the heck up and it STILL doesn't match what I see IRL.

My only complaint is that there is a lot of stuff that should be scored as errors that aren't. I'm thankful for the errors, even when it's obvious that it's just the computer borking up a calculation (which I admit does happen), I just wished they didn't get wrongly counted against my pitcher's ERA.

Aviator87AC 06-07-2019 10:22 AM

IMO the fielding is better than ever this year. The animations finally feel polished enough to be a representation of the play that's being made. I've also made some absolutely STUNNING plays on the dive. Errors will happen but they are not the norm (at least for me).