Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Authentic crowd atmosphere needs overhaul (/forums/showthread.php?t=956581)

simbayless 08-12-2019 07:23 PM

Authentic crowd atmosphere needs overhaul

When will 2k finally put Authentic crowd Audio Atmosphere? Live animations was it's biggest flaws thru the years and 2k atmosphere is their flaws. I hope 2k will record every area crowd sounds especially the playoffs at least for the new next gen consoles. Live 10 did it and 2k just sold 12 million ,so no excuse this time around.

Goffs 08-12-2019 07:37 PM

Re: Authentic crowd atmosphere needs overhaul

Ah yes...normally I would just necro bump 23's thread about sound but eh...I do like that they try to keep it authentic but something sounds off. The way NBA Live makes the organ sound like its part of the arena is well done.

just open another tab and just give it a listen without watching....is it the ambiance? I dunno but 2k can't replicate the atmosphere for some reason. Granted 2k's arena bells and whistles for each arena is pretty on point BUT again sounding it like this seems to elude them.

EDIT: It's the way the crowd transitions from defense to cheering is just flawless.

qjrchris2 08-12-2019 08:31 PM

I love 2k but i don't think they will ever have their crowd sounding this good. It seems they just can't do it. And i don't want to hear wait till 2k21 on the new consoles cause not for nothing NBA Live was doing this since Live 10 on the the 360 and PS3. I wish i knew why they can't emulate the sounds of the crowd.

Vni 08-12-2019 08:45 PM

Lack of competition hurts when it comes to things like that.

Sent from my DIG-L21HN using Operation Sports mobile app

awg811 08-12-2019 09:23 PM

Authentic crowd atmosphere needs overhaul

I don’t think people realize how much of an impact great atmosphere can have on a game.
There’s was a Madden on the 3DO, really showing my age, that had the crowd and atmosphere of the game prefect for the time. Even though the gameplay wasn’t great, the atmosphere made that one of my favorite maddens of all time.
A good atmosphere can change a bad game to good and a good game to great.
There’s nothing like the immersion of a great atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

wrestlinggod1 08-12-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goffs (Post 2049867831)
Ah yes...normally I would just necro bump 23's thread about sound but eh...I do like that they try to keep it authentic but something sounds off. The way they make the organ sound like its part of the arena is well done.

just open another tab and just give it a listen without watching....is it the ambiance? I dunno but 2k can't replicate the atmosphere for some reason. Granted 2k's arena bells and whistles for each arena is pretty on point BUT again sounding it like this seems to elude them.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SpFHUMNj_nc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT: It's the way the crowd transitions from defense to cheering is just flawless.

Ignoring the commentary, you can't tell me that this doesn't sound like real life if you closed your eyes.

Klocker 08-12-2019 09:59 PM

Yea Live craps all over the crowd atmosphere of 2k. In fact all EA sports games have fantastic crows sounds

Please I hope they addressed it this year

zrohman 08-13-2019 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klocker (Post 2049867981)
Yea Live craps all over the crowd atmosphere of 2k. In fact all EA sports games have fantastic crows sounds

Please I hope they addressed it this year

For them to hear the crowd in Live 18 and not even address it in 2K19... But instead add dodgeball. Is incredible.

It can't be that hard to record some extra crowd noise and up the noise. We've been complaining about this for years, I'm guessing they might have some legacy glitch that prevents some of this. I mean, think of the PA announcer glitch where they announce it is the opposite team's ball