Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   What are your 2K20 MyLeague/MyGM plans? (/forums/showthread.php?t=957230)

Junior Moe 08-25-2019 08:41 AM

What are your 2K20 MyLeague/MyGM plans?

This year I'm really interested in building something with the World Champs Toronto. Playing the demo Siakam looks like he's gonna be fun to play with. I think I'm gonna ship Andrew Wiggins home and try to fulfill his potential. And, get Canada its own star that wants to be there. Wiggins, Siakam, OG and FVV are a good current pieces on a team and have great long term potential. I want Toronto to be a force in the league.

I'm gonna ship CP3 to either the TWolves or Miami as rumored in real life. He's not wasting away in OKC. He may never win a title but at least he can be in the playoff picture.

I'll sign Melo to the Blazers and have him go out on a decent note. He may even blossom as a sixth man.

I'll continue the Hawks rebuild without changing much and push for the playoffs. Maybe take a flier on Cousins next season for cheap.

I'm gonna do a Pelicans MyGm and see if I can actually build a contending team and develop Zion into a star.

WaddupCouzin 08-25-2019 08:47 AM

Re: What are your 2K20 MyLeague/MyGM plans?

Although, I'm a Laker fan in real life, I think I'm running with Dallas. I think the pairing of Luka and Porzingis can be elite in several years, they're an intriguing match to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

cjacks17 08-25-2019 09:15 AM

I’m a Raps fan so I always start with them and run for a few years. I’m excited to do a rebuild with them because they clear so much cap space after this year and 2k doesn’t have players avoid them like the plague like in real free agency lol

Other teams I’ll do:
Knicks (build up my boy Barrett)
OKC (with all the picks they’ll be a fun pure sim to get through 10-15 years)
Mavs (I agree Doncic and KP are going to be fun to play with)

TeamBuilder 08-25-2019 09:39 AM

Right now I'm thinking Nuggets. I love the future of their team with Jokic, Murray, Porter Jr., and Bol. But I also want to win now, so what I plan on doing is bringing in vets that I think will fit that team well and can push it even closer into the realm of serious championship contenders. In particular I'm eyeing Chris Paul and Kevin Love. I'm also thinking about pursuing young role players who will fit around my young stars, and who would still be able to contribute to a team trying to win now.

Here are the parameters of 4 trades (or two 3-team trades) that will work financially, and I'll probably just have to make small tweaks to make them work:

Trade 1 (OKC)
Gary Harris and Mason Plumlee for Chris Paul.

The Thunder get off of that massive contract in exchange for a young wing and an expiring contract. The Nuggets get to pair Paul with Jokic in the pick and roll/pop, as well as allow Jamal Murray to slide over to shooting guard and focus mainly on scoring the basketball.

Trade 2 (CLE)
Paul Millsap for Kevin Love.

The Cavs get the expiring contract of Millsap, and still retain a vet to help their young guys grow. The Nuggets get another lethal pick and roll/pop big to pair with Chris Paul/Jamal Murray, and who can space the floor a little better than Millsap.

Trade 3 (76ers)
Will Barton, Malik Beasley, and Monte Morris for Josh Richardson, Zhaire Smith, and Matisse Thybulle.

The 76ers upgrade their shooting around Simmons/Embiid, and solve their backup point guard question with Monte Morris. The Nuggets add more defensive studs to put around their young, talented scorers.

Trade 4 (CHC)
Jerami Grant for Kris Dunn.

The Bulls get a big with a skill set that pairs really well alongside Markkanen and Carter Jr. The Nuggets lock up their backup point guard spot with a defensive monster who can keep Chris Paul fresh.

Starters
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Jamal Murray
SF - Josh Richardson
PF - Kevin Love
C - Nikola Jokic

Bench
PG - Kris Dunn
SG - Zhaire Smith
SF - Matisse Thybulle
PF - Michael Porter Jr.
C - Bol Bol

I'm really excited for this team.

Baebae32 08-25-2019 09:54 AM

Fully fictional. Over 500 CAPs. I hate myself halfway through but its worth it.

iFnOtWhYnOt_ 08-25-2019 10:15 AM

Surely

I'll do a Raps MyLeague, tempted to trade Lowry, Ibake and Gasol at and before the deadline and rebuild through the draft. Or, battle it out.

Interested In

Knicks: Missing out on Durant and having him playing in your backyard should be a fun local rivalry. Mitch Robinson, DSJ, RJ, and Knox could be a SOLID young core to build around. Also, If no one signs Melo IRL, I may sign him.

Denver: Win now mentality internally, a little disrespect externally. Tough west but this squad can make it to the finals if they take the next step.

Jazz: Love this roster, love the Jazz throwback uni's, tough west. Tempted.

Heisman 08-25-2019 11:26 AM

Going to do a 30 team myleague.

First move I’ll make will be releasing Jared Dudley and getting Lonzo back on the Lakers. Melo will get one last run with the Knicks.

dom5552 08-25-2019 12:55 PM

As I do every year, I’m gonna start one with the Kings and do my best to end the 14 year playoff drought. I’m gonna see how the start of the year goes and maybe try to make a big splash at the trade deadline to propel us over the edge and into the playoffs. I’ll focus on training and getting the youngsters to reach their potential. Hopefully we can make a deep run in a couple of years