Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Pushing the pace offense tempo (/forums/showthread.php?t=957985)

Hornets and Saints 09-07-2019 07:30 PM

Pushing the pace offense tempo

So i just noticed when in a timeout that you can set the tempo to push the pace. I can’t seem to get it to stay permanent in the game because i have to keep changing it back every timeout. Also, how come this is not an option from the gameplan menus in my league? Is this a bug or am i missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dal_hawk 09-07-2019 10:23 PM

Re: Pushing the pace offense tempo

There should be a setting - maybe in coach settings that says 'dynamic adjustments' that you can turn off to avoid this.

Hornets and Saints 09-07-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dal_hawk (Post 2049898201)
There should be a setting - maybe in coach settings that says 'dynamic adjustments' that you can turn off to avoid this.

Thanks. I am playing as Pelicans who play a push the pace style offense and the only options for tempo close to that is “get to the basket”.

Trying to figure out how to best simulate how the Pelicans play and was hyped to see push the pace as an option.

Rawdeal28 09-08-2019 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hornets and Saints (Post 2049898008)
So i just noticed when in a timeout that you can set the tempo to push the pace. I can’t seem to get it to stay permanent in the game because i have to keep changing it back every timeout. Also, how come this is not an option from the gameplan menus in my league? Is this a bug or am i missing something?

you have to turn off ACE in the coach settings. when its on the system itself makes changes for you depending on personal and how the game is going. New this year is that you can have ACE on both offense or defense or you can just set it for just offense or just defense.

i always turn ACE off cuz i like to make all my adjustments myself and pick when i want to play PUSH THE PACE or my primary freelance to Play Through Lebron or Kuzma for example. the only think i put on Auto is Offensive Playcalling cuz i like that everytime i bring the ball up a play is automatically called.

Hornets and Saints 09-08-2019 04:34 PM

Thanks guys. I’ll have to turn it off and try that out. I also am not liking the rotations but i will have to play around with that and maybe set substitutions to
fatigue if i can get push the pace working automatically.

Mackrel829 09-08-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawdeal28 (Post 2049898390)
you have to turn off ACE in the coach settings. when its on the system itself makes changes for you depending on personal and how the game is going. New this year is that you can have ACE on both offense or defense or you can just set it for just offense or just defense.

i always turn ACE off cuz i like to make all my adjustments myself and pick when i want to play PUSH THE PACE or my primary freelance to Play Through Lebron or Kuzma for example. the only think i put on Auto is Offensive Playcalling cuz i like that everytime i bring the ball up a play is automatically called.

What/where is the Offensive Playcalling option you're referring to?

Rawdeal28 09-08-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackrel829 (Post 2049899170)
What/where is the Offensive Playcalling option you're referring to?

It's all in the coach setting screen

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk