Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Three Copies Of APF Freezing (/forums/showthread.php?t=960854)

Culture Rot 11-03-2019 07:16 AM

Three Copies Of APF Freezing

Had to rebuy the game, and the first one froze when trying to do anything past the menu. Couldn't load into a game or pracrice after picking a team. The music stops at the menu also. Bought another copy, same thing. Another copy, same thing. Before I pay $85 for a brand new copy to test it, cans omeone tell me what might be going on? Im playing with default rosters and settings

ASZEMPLE 11-03-2019 10:44 AM

Three Copies Of APF Freezing

I’m not sure what might be going on, what system do you play on. You also might want to check GameStop website too to see if they have any copies near you, on 360 it’s $5 and PS3 $3.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Blzer 11-03-2019 10:55 AM

Re: Three Copies Of APF Freezing

If you're on PS3, try and rebuild the system database. Google will be your friend on how to do that, but I think it's done by powering it up in Safe Mode. If this is on 360, I'm not quite sure how that's done or if there is a similar thing that might occur for it. But if it's on PS3, I can all but guarantee this will resolve your freezing issue.

EDIT: According to a three-year-old thread you created on College Hoops 2K freezing on you, I'm going to assume that not only you are playing it on PS3, but that this database rebuilding thing was a long time coming for you. Here are both video and text instructions on how to do it.

https://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/t...recovery-menu/

Keep this in mind when you try this (there is a FAQ on the bottom of the article):

Quote:

Question: What do I lose from doing this?
Answer: It will remove messages received and sent. Any playlists you have set up. If you organize your games/videos/music/photos into albums or as I like to call them “folders” you will have to set that up again.

I believe you also want to sync trophies up before doing this as well. Even though the article says this is safe, I seem to remember this being an issue before. Maybe PlayStation automatically syncs them today though, because I'm talking about an issue I had circa 2010.

If you're able, please follow up with me on whether this works.

Culture Rot 11-18-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blzer (Post 2049957213)
If you're on PS3, try and rebuild the system database. Google will be your friend on how to do that, but I think it's done by powering it up in Safe Mode. If this is on 360, I'm not quite sure how that's done or if there is a similar thing that might occur for it. But if it's on PS3, I can all but guarantee this will resolve your freezing issue.

EDIT: According to a three-year-old thread you created on College Hoops 2K freezing on you, I'm going to assume that not only you are playing it on PS3, but that this database rebuilding thing was a long time coming for you. Here are both video and text instructions on how to do it.

https://www.ps3blog.net/2011/01/28/t...recovery-menu/

Keep this in mind when you try this (there is a FAQ on the bottom of the article):

I believe you also want to sync trophies up before doing this as well. Even though the article says this is safe, I seem to remember this being an issue before. Maybe PlayStation automatically syncs them today though, because I'm talking about an issue I had circa 2010.

If you're able, please follow up with me on whether this works.

Wow thank you so much for trying to help me here. Believe it or not, this is actually an issue i'm having on 360. I think the similarity of the issues is simply because its an issue 2k Sports had with their games in that year (CH2k8, APF 2k8, MLB 2k8, etc...)

So in case anyone can help

I'm on an XBOX 360 that is working well for all other games. I tried playing off disc, I tried installing disc, I tried removing all saves, etc.

I will absolutely do that on my PS3 and maybe itll fix college hoops though

Culture Rot 11-24-2019 11:04 AM

Bought another one. Shrink Wrapped new copy. Still froze. I'm dumbfounded.

Blzer 11-24-2019 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culture Rot (Post 2049973478)
Bought another one. Shrink Wrapped new copy. Still froze. I'm dumbfounded.

Clearly, it's not the disc.

Still try the rebuild database method for the PS3. Don't know if Xbox 360 has some equivalent within its safe mode, unless it doesn't have one.

Culture Rot 12-17-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blzer (Post 2049973669)
Clearly, it's not the disc.

Still try the rebuild database method for the PS3. Don't know if Xbox 360 has some equivalent within its safe mode, unless it doesn't have one.

Nothing worked.

bcruise 12-17-2019 07:46 PM

Are you playing while disconnected from the internet? If not I'd suggest doing so - the game trying to connect to servers that likely no longer exist can cause lots of stability issues even if you're trying to play offline.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk