Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Matchmaking in Rec is awful. (/forums/showthread.php?t=962746)

howardphillips214 12-23-2019 03:20 PM

Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

If i go in to play a pick up game as a slasher, why does it put me with a full team of slashers? I know what's going to happen.... They won't shoot any jumpers and the paint will just be clogged all game.

I've now gone into the Rec 5 times and quit every time because of this.

Also, you should be able to just back out instead of having to close your app.

howardphillips214 12-23-2019 03:28 PM

Re: Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

And then i get a team full of shooters but get stuck at the Rec logo.

20 minutes gone for nothing...

Iasounis 12-23-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardphillips214 (Post 2049992989)
If i go in to play a pick up game as a slasher, why does it put me with a full team of slashers? I know what's going to happen.... They won't shoot any jumpers and the paint will just be clogged all game.

I've now gone into the Rec 5 times and quit every time because of this.

Not defending the matchmaking, but are you referring to them as slashers because of their takeover icon, or because they actually are?

This is actually something that annoys me with how builds are described this year. All the ambiguous labels are silly. Like wth is an 'offensive threat'?

howardphillips214 12-23-2019 05:43 PM

Both. If they're a "slashing playmaker" or even an "offensive threat" with the slasher icon I'll topically back out. I mean, if they're open they might make it. But without reliable shooters everyone plays the paint and im worthless.

kdurantmvp 12-24-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardphillips214 (Post 2049993062)
Both. If they're a "slashing playmaker" or even an "offensive threat" with the slasher icon I'll topically back out. I mean, if they're open they might make it. But without reliable shooters everyone plays the paint and im worthless.

95% of offensive threats are also great shooters. It's defense where they lack most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kleinevos 12-27-2019 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howardphillips214 (Post 2049992989)

Press the ps4 button, go up, go to my profile, go right, select “my session” and join.

Loads you right back in the same park.

It’s a slightly longer load than just backing out, but hella faster than closing the app and restarting

You can also do this as a squad, and end up in the same park again so you can squad up faster and re enter.

Yw bruh

3ShowTime2 12-27-2019 04:28 AM

I dont wanna defend 2k's matchmaking, but to expect them to setup a well balanced team every time is a bit too much...Except you wanna wait for an hour or so.

And I dont get why slashing offensive threats are a problem. They can do everything offensively, they just chose slasher as their takeover. I rather quit when I have three offensive threats at 1-3 because we lack defense...

Erithtotl 12-27-2019 11:13 AM

The matchmaking is awful because it often matches up 85 ovr teams with 98 ovr teams. I'd like an option to play with and against people near your ovr only.

That said, I think its a bit much to ask it to pair up appropriate archetypes. We'd all be waiting forever for 2K to find a balanced matchup.

Personally I think any build that can't hit a corner 3 reliably is a selfish one if you are going to play a lot of rec. I'd even go further and say for a slashing guard you need to be semi consistent from the top of the arc as well. With a one dimensional build like pure slasher or pure GC/reb, you are essentially demanding that everyone else on the team provide all the spacing. As an example, any combination of mostly shooters with one or two solid bigs is a viable 5, but a combination with mostly slashers and bigs will be a spacing disaster. Pure slashers are for people who want to leak for fast break dunks and want everyone else to spread the floor so they can drive one on one. While pure rebounders/defenders are for those who love to pile up ridiculous rebound stats without doing much of anything but standing in the paint. Both builds work fine in pre-made proam teams, but thats only because they are surrounded with 3 shooters. And honestly most pro-am teams the center is split shooting/defense.

I'm not saying everyone who has those builds is selfish. I'm sure a lot of people pick them with the best of intentions. What I'm saying is that is what they are effective at, not the intention behind people picking them. I can totally imagine someone taking a pure glass cleaner/rim protector because they are a 'team guy' or a slasher. But those builds only work if at least 3 and preferably 4 of their teammates provide spacing.

As for offensive threats, mine has 6 defensive badges and I'm a capable defender. Its mostly about effort. Problem is a lot of people take that build because they want to score constantly and don't care about defense.