Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again? (/forums/showthread.php?t=963217)

ZN30 01-07-2020 05:17 PM

Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

After many years, I'm finally at a point where I feel bored with the game. I started a new dynasty with 2019 rosters to give myself a fresh start, playing OC on a Wyoming team that's rated in the 70s.

Using J-Kit's sliders, I am completely dominating my opponents far more often than not. 500+ yards of offense, 300+ rushing yards and the norm. It doesn't matter if I'm evenly matched or far worse than my opponent, I either dominate, or have a good chance to win. I'm never blown out. If I hadn't simmed 4 losses, I would have been 11-1 this season.

What can I do to have a better challenge? Any better sliders that someone can recommend? Something where ratings will play true to form?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Tuscaloosa 01-07-2020 05:56 PM

Re: Finally getting bored. How do I make the game fun again?

I'd recommend my sliders and also the way that I play the game outside of the sliders. Both in gameplay and recruiting, self-imposed limitations are a must with '14. IMO, there's really no way around that.

Also, in the same post is a roster file that I made that definitely freshens the game up. I'd recommend my sliders and play style with any rosters though.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049993578

souljahbill 01-07-2020 06:21 PM

1) Play in coach mode. Stick skills won’t overcompensate for bad players.
2) Only call plays from the “ask coach” selections.
3) If you’re a HC, use your coordinator playbooks. If you’re a coordinator, use your HC playbook.
4) Implement some recruiting restrictions like only recruiting from your pipeline or immediate neighboring at the prestige level of your school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBinKC 01-08-2020 08:49 AM

The best way I’ve “neutralized” this game:

1. Play with Default Sliders and Fatigue OFF. I promise you the pros will outweigh the cons, especially combined with my other restrictions.

2. Lower your Injury ratings for all players. Tuscaloosa likes to lower them all to 0, which I’m still scared to do, but I lower the QB to 65, OL to 0, rest of offense to 60, DL to 5, and the rest of defense to 30. This will stress needing depth and also give you even better rotation than having Fatigue ON.

3. Do not use the Coaching Skills Tree. This turns a mid-70s team into a juggernaut way too easily.

4. Do not use custom playbooks. To take it a step further, ban the read option. Finding the right playbook for you becomes an even bigger challenge. I go even further and implement offensive plans that I’m particularly bad at (Flexbone, wishbone, etc.)

5. Recruit only one star above your school’s prestige level. It will take longer to build the program.

6. Don’t mess with the sliders. After years of playing this game trying every set imaginable, I’ve realized that sliders are just another thing we learn to beat, and they take away the ratings of the players anyway. The CPU will play tough enough with Fatigue OFF that nothing should need nerfed or handicapped.

With these rules, I’ve gotten the game to the point where I can’t beat a team that has the ratings needles shaking in their favor, and I get challenges with all other teams no matter their rating. So it’s going to be hit or miss on my success until I’m rated in the high 80s. To be honest, we’ve all gotten so good at this game that it’s inevitable that the team build takes about 3 or 4 years before you’re unstoppable no matter what. In which case, you can always switch to NCAA 12 and get smoked by their defense, lol!!

jgthedon 01-08-2020 12:49 PM

Use my sliders:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ders-ever.html

Tuscaloosa 01-08-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OBinKC (Post 2050002245)
The best way I’ve “neutralized” this game:

1. Play with Default Sliders and Fatigue OFF. I promise you the pros will outweigh the cons, especially combined with my other restrictions.

2. Lower your Injury ratings for all players. Tuscaloosa likes to lower them all to 0, which I’m still scared to do, but I lower the QB to 65, OL to 0, rest of offense to 60, DL to 5, and the rest of defense to 30. This will stress needing depth and also give you even better rotation than having Fatigue ON.

3. Do not use the Coaching Skills Tree. This turns a mid-70s team into a juggernaut way too easily.

4. Do not use custom playbooks. To take it a step further, ban the read option. Finding the right playbook for you becomes an even bigger challenge. I go even further and implement offensive plans that I’m particularly bad at (Flexbone, wishbone, etc.)

5. Recruit only one star above your school’s prestige level. It will take longer to build the program.

6. Don’t mess with the sliders. After years of playing this game trying every set imaginable, I’ve realized that sliders are just another thing we learn to beat, and they take away the ratings of the players anyway. The CPU will play tough enough with Fatigue OFF that nothing should need nerfed or handicapped.

With these rules, I’ve gotten the game to the point where I can’t beat a team that has the ratings needles shaking in their favor, and I get challenges with all other teams no matter their rating. So it’s going to be hit or miss on my success until I’m rated in the high 80s. To be honest, we’ve all gotten so good at this game that it’s inevitable that the team build takes about 3 or 4 years before you’re unstoppable no matter what. In which case, you can always switch to NCAA 12 and get smoked by their defense, lol!!

You should try my new sliders sometime. I played on all Default for a while, and really, really enjoyed it, but I decided to just make a couple of small adjustments. My new (and final) set is still 95% default. Just one adjustment made to the kicking game, and just a couple made to the passing game to get the USER and CPU passing percentages and results to be more realistic. I firmly agree that massive slider changes do more harm than good.

xToXiCxSAVAGEx 01-08-2020 08:10 PM

1. Change your sliders. I use a mixture of sliders and I use different penalty sliders.

2. Limit your recruiting.

3. Don't use coaching trees or set house rules (new coordinators start with no upgrades and I upgrade 2 every 6 games and then a few more over the offseason if the coordinators stay). This is important.

4. I keep fatigue on but turn HFA off. I still get the subs with fatigue on but CPU teams don't play nearly as poorly with HFA off.

5. Go more in depth. Keep stats, track your coaching tree, track your missed recruits. Create stories, suspensions. Customize your personnel packages with formation subs. Really try to line up and create your best matchups instead of just lining up and hiking the ball.

6. Limit your playbook. Only call plays on one side and use coach suggestions for the other. Limit your cheese plays.

7. Go to a new school.

8. Rearrange your conferences. Try a relegation system or something.

9. Start a dynasty with completely wiped records and random rosters.

10. Familiarize yourself with the editor and all the dynasty tools that are available on here. Those will help you customize your experience the way you want it.

ZN30 01-09-2020 02:39 PM

How does the game play with respect to realism with default sliders? It's been so long since I've used those.

The 2 most important things for me is:
1. Realism in gameplay
2. CPU ability

Madden 04 was challenging when LBs could leap 6 feet into the air to knock down or intercept a pass, but it wasn't very realistic.

It would be fun to see a defense just clamp down on me in the 2nd half, or an offense catch fire and score in 5 plays, rather than suck and just convert 3rd downs 6x on a drive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app