Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics att (/forums/showthread.php?t=963481)

zrtelford 01-15-2020 04:09 PM

Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics att

5 Attachment(s)
I normally burn out after restarting a season twice, and get to maybe 90 games in. I refuse to sim (thats my own weird hangup) but I did it this year. Played every game, HOF difficulty. Pretty much default sliders. I wrote everything down like I used to in the 90's, really enjoyed it. Finished this in Oct. But wanted to share it with you guys here. Hope you find it somewhat interesting. Hope Next year's show improves on a great playing game. As you see in the pics I tied Brewers and lost in 1 game play in. So they won the division. I had to play the WC. I have more pics I just randomly chose a few.

zrtelford 01-15-2020 04:11 PM

Re: Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics

2 Attachment(s)
The Dodgers won the whole thing. the beat me (cubs) in the divisional series.

Caulfield 01-15-2020 06:14 PM

Re: Wanted to share this with you guys. Manually Played every game w Cubs. HOF, pics

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrtelford (Post 2050007058)
I normally burn out after restarting a season twice, and get to maybe 90 games in. I refuse to sim (thats my own weird hangup) but I did it this year. Played every game, HOF difficulty. Pretty much default sliders. I wrote everything down like I used to in the 90's, really enjoyed it. Finished this in Oct. But wanted to share it with you guys here. Hope you find it somewhat interesting. Hope Next year's show improves on a great playing game. As you see in the pics I tied Brewers and beat them in a one game play in. I have more pics I just randomly chose a few.

:waytogo:my own personal favorite division championships are when I'm just under 90 wins. its just extremely satisfying getting to October by the skin of your seat. 100 wins seasons are nice but sometimes you wonder ‘‘how much did I really challenge myself?’’ 85 wins and you know you're getting as much from the Show as you could possibly hope for. hopefully come ps5 all this stuff is printable. my handwriting is so bad, my numbers look like they're written in cursive. in Klingon.

Blzer 01-15-2020 06:16 PM

Is it uncanny for me to say that I get an autonomous sensory meridian response derived from the observation of one applying this ample dosage of handiwork to virtual leisure adapted from our national pastime?

EDIT: Ha, not surprised at the top two offensive teams. Looks like SDS needs to update this with a SignGate patch.

zrtelford 01-15-2020 10:33 PM

I couldn't run, just like the real Cubs, but I did hit a lot of HR. I never experienced a HR shortage thats for sure.

jake44np 01-15-2020 11:45 PM

I have played every pitch of every game in a 162 game season with the Reds every year since Triple Play 98. I have a binder with all the stats written down. League Leaders standings and everything. I am 47 years old And recently my girlfriend was cleaning out my cluttered closet and found it.
She brought it out to my living room and was like what the hell is this. It is about 100 pages of handwritten notes. She was not impressed and wanted to throw it away. Lol

BobbyColtrane 01-16-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jake44np (Post 2050007286)
I have played every pitch of every game in a 162 game season with the Reds every year since Triple Play 98. I have a binder with all the stats written down. League Leaders standings and everything. I am 47 years old And recently my girlfriend was cleaning out my cluttered closet and found it.
She brought it out to my living room and was like what the hell is this. It is about 100 pages of handwritten notes. She was not impressed and wanted to throw it away. Lol

I thought you were going to say when she found it she left you hahahaha

TarHeelPhenom 01-16-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrtelford (Post 2050007058)
I normally burn out after restarting a season twice, and get to maybe 90 games in. I refuse to sim (thats my own weird hangup) but I did it this year. Played every game, HOF difficulty. Pretty much default sliders. I wrote everything down like I used to in the 90's, really enjoyed it. Finished this in Oct. But wanted to share it with you guys here. Hope you find it somewhat interesting. Hope Next year's show improves on a great playing game. As you see in the pics I tied Brewers and beat them in a one game play in. I have more pics I just randomly chose a few.

Man you took me back to the teenage years of the 90's with this when I used to keep my system on for days and write stuff down playing Tony LaRussa baseball. Once you turned it off it was gone lol. Great stuff man,.