Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   It's just more fun to bat as a Lefty (/forums/showthread.php?t=967739)

underdog13 04-07-2020 06:40 PM

It's just more fun to bat as a Lefty

Especially with a closed off batting stance like Rizzo. Why would you ever want to bat righty again? Nothing better than pulling one between 1st and 2nd.

jr86 04-07-2020 06:50 PM

Re: It's just more fun to bat as a Lefty

Definitely easier anyway.

MetsFan16 04-07-2020 06:55 PM

Definitely agree. Nothing sweeter than dropping your PCI on a low off speed pitching and crushing it to right field

Idk if it’s because of the far greater number of right handed pitchers in the league or the pure beauty of left handed swings in real life.

bcruise 04-07-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetsFan16 (Post 2050074021)
Definitely agree. Nothing sweeter than dropping your PCI on a low off speed pitching and crushing it to right field

Idk if it’s because of the far greater number of right handed pitchers in the league or the pure beauty of left handed swings in real life.

It's totally because of that for me, personally. I'm absolutely useless with lefties versus good lefty pitchers, more so than the reverse.

RunN1st 04-07-2020 06:59 PM

You can always use a full size mirror when hitting with righties!

Caulfield 04-07-2020 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underdog13 (Post 2050074002)
Especially with a closed off batting stance like Rizzo. Why would you ever want to bat righty again? Nothing better than pulling one between 1st and 2nd.

that's the 3rd best thing about batting lefty

2nd best is beating the shift with a hit that normally would have been a ground out to third and 1st is beating the shift with a ground ball seeing eye hit into right field. as for the closed off stance I cant hit with them. our batting coach sends any hitter with this flaw back to the stance editor room to work on opening that sucker up lol

Rmiok222 04-07-2020 10:53 PM

I honestly can’t time up a righty hitter nearly as well as I can hitting as a lefty. I have no idea why..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

JHodges57 04-08-2020 08:10 AM

IRL, I was a switch hitter so that's how I play in the game. IRL I was a better contact hitter righthanded but a better power hitter left handed.