Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January) (/forums/showthread.php?t=978573)

Steve_OS 11-10-2020 11:00 AM

Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Here (Update #2 Arrives in January)

EA will release their first of three franchise mode updates for Madden NFL 21 on November...

Written By: Steve Noah

Click here to view the article.

PhillyPhanatic14 11-10-2020 11:12 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

It's tiny. It shouldn't have taken 3 months for this. Announcing this with what 2K has been doing has to be embarrassing for them. But it is what it is.

Most concerning thing is that their definition of AI Personnel Logic Updates has changed since their original blog post (https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ise-update-8-3)

Originally they said... "AI PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT - The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft, free agency and trades."

Now they say the updates will ONLY apply to QB's in the draft... What in the world. Most of us expect to get lied to by EA with their track record in these Gridiron Notes, but cmon now. That's just crazy.

And before someone hops in with "oh this is only the 2nd of their 3 updates"... yeah i know, but if it's taking them 6 months to only address a very tiny issue with QB's, how are they going to update all other positions in all other scenarios outside of that tiny little one that they're taking 3 months to address?

callmetaternuts 11-10-2020 11:27 AM

Re: Madden NFL 21 Franchise Update (1 of 3) Arrives on November 12 - Full Details Her

Wow. So very underwhelming. Especially considering the season is half over. Even if you don’t compare to other sports offerings, this is just such a low bar to clear and they still can’t do it.

#fixmaddenfranchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

ChicagoChris 11-10-2020 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14 (Post 2050257257)
It's tiny. It shouldn't have taken 3 months for this. Announcing this with what 2K has been doing has to be embarrassing for them. But it is what it is.

Most concerning thing is that their definition of AI Personnel Logic Updates has changed since their original blog post (https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...ise-update-8-3)

Originally they said... "AI PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT - The AI will make better team management decisions in the draft, free agency and trades."

Now they say the updates will ONLY apply to QB's in the draft... What in the world. Most of us expect to get lied to by EA with their track record in these Gridiron Notes, but cmon now. That's just crazy.

And before someone hops in with "oh this is only the 2nd of their 3 updates"... yeah i know, but if it's taking them 6 months to only address a very tiny issue with QB's, how are they going to update all other positions in all other scenarios outside of that tiny little one that they're taking 3 months to address?

Cut them a break. They are continuing to support M21 with COVID, Next gen, they are probably busy. Sure M21 is a marginal game compared to others but they are working on it.

The good thing about the franchise fix is that it will carry over into M22. I am not excusing EA for putting out M21 in the shape it is but they are trying.

mavfan21 11-10-2020 11:44 AM

I waited to buy the game until a few weeks ago. I am a CFM only player and still haven't it played it as I was waiting for these updates....oh well. Guess I should have sat out this year.

PhillyPhanatic14 11-10-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoChris (Post 2050257280)
Cut them a break. They are continuing to support M21 with COVID, Next gen, they are probably busy. Sure M21 is a marginal game compared to others but they are working on it.

The good thing about the franchise fix is that it will carry over into M22. I am not excusing EA for putting out M21 in the shape it is but they are trying.

They're working during COVID, just like the NBA 2K team is working during COVID. That team released 2 entirely separate games this fall and introduced a ton graphically, performance wise, and introduced multiple new game modes and big updated to their Franchise mode. What has Tiburon done in comparison? They're both dealing with the same global pandemic. But when one studio was whining about the challenges of COVID development to online sites to distract from their lack of innovation, the other studio kept their mouth shut and created an entirely new next gen game.

If 2K can do that, then Madden can do better than whatever this mess is.

haloofduty 11-10-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoChris (Post 2050257280)
Cut them a break.

Cut them a break? I've been waiting 7 years for franchise changes lol. I wish they update their terrible sim engine

Datninja619 11-10-2020 11:49 AM

Now I want to be able to change the UI color.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Operation Sports mobile app