Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   The roster update greatly improved the Pick and roll defense (/forums/showthread.php?t=978991)

alabamarob 11-19-2020 12:58 PM

The roster update greatly improved the Pick and roll defense

The defenders will now sink down from the corner and sometimes the wing. This will greatly improve the amount of points in the paint that the AI has been allowing.

They do not rotate off of poor shooters first and then off of good shooters as a last resort. I wonder if this can be added to the patch

But I have played 2 or 3 quarters were I was scoring less then 10 points in the paint.

Appreciate it Czar. Didn’t know they could do that in a game update.

ch46647 11-19-2020 01:22 PM

Re: The roster update greatly improved the Pick and roll defense

Agreed. I noticed this as well after playing one quarter this morning with the roster update.

It was my understanding patch #2 would fix the PnR, but maybe Czar found a way to sneak it in a roster update.

Regardless, thank you!

alabamarob 11-19-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ch46647 (Post 2050265444)
Agreed. I noticed this as well after playing one quarter this morning with the roster update.

It was my understanding patch #2 would fix the PnR, but maybe Czar found a way to sneak it in a roster update.

Regardless, thank you!

I saw your post to made me even look into it. So thanks to you. The only problem I have seen so fat is that they don’t help off of the worst shooter. I put Clint Capela on the wing, and they rotate off of a shooter in the corner. I would like the help to always come from Capela.

dfsJunkie 11-19-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050265496)
I saw your post to made me even look into it. So thanks to you. The only problem I have seen so fat is that they don’t help off of the worst shooter. I put Clint Capela on the wing, and they rotate off of a shooter in the corner. I would like the help to always come from Capela.

Did you try against multiple teams? Just curious if better defensive units/players react differently?

CujoMatty 11-19-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alabamarob (Post 2050265416)
The defenders will now sink down from the corner and sometimes the wing. This will greatly improve the amount of points in the paint that the AI has been allowing.

I have not played enough to see if they rotate off of poor shooters first and then off of good shooters as a last resort.

But I have played 2 or 3 quarters were I was scoring less then 10 points in the paint.

Appreciate it Czar. Didn’t know they could do that in a game update.

Seems to be a lot better with my ongoing myNBA save with the original roster as well.

tyberious4now 11-19-2020 02:48 PM

Thank goodness it is much much better!!!!!!!!

strosdood 11-19-2020 03:05 PM

Damn I’m glad to see this post lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

CujoMatty 11-19-2020 03:06 PM

I just tested against New Orleans who for some reason before today was the worst I had found with the issue. They were the ones I was playing in the video I shared when I could exploit the defense every possession.

I just tested with the new roster and It was definitely massively better.

I then tested with my old roster I had saved and it was the same massive improvement again against New Orleans.

They must have snuck it in with the content update I saw when I got the return to menu for update prompt. I'm historically very skeptical of these types of claims because a lot of time it's the ol' placebo effect but I'm positive they improved the issue.

Another seemingly awesome by-product of the fix is more fouls because the bigs switch now. I still havent seen enough to my liking but I think it might be better.