Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   frustated player cpu killing me on slants (/forums/showthread.php?t=979198)

cleetus 11-24-2020 11:26 PM

frustated player cpu killing me on slants

I have been playing madden for a long time. While I was never the best player, I was always at least competitive. This year has been very frustrating to say the least. I am using the Bengals who don't have a good D and play on All Madden with sliders I got off here 15 min quarters. I literally cannot do anything on defense to stop the CPU. They kill me with slants all game long and they can't be stopped. My last game freaking Carson Wentz was 23 for 23 when I had enough and quit.

I know there are a lot smarter people on this forum then myself who play this game. So can someone give me some tips on exactly how in thee hell you can stop the CPU from driving up and down the field at ease and slanting me to death? I appreciate any tips.

tv25man 11-25-2020 12:20 AM

Re: frustated player cpu killing me on slants

When playing zone, change one of the underneath zone LB's to a QB spy.

When playing man it is tougher, but I'll often still spy a DE or rushing LB to a spy.

The spy sitting right behind the line of scrimmage forces the CPU QB to a different throw.

Richie71 11-25-2020 01:35 AM

Slants will always beat man, unless your CB gets a great jam.
More zones, and be happy allowing short completions.

You might give up high completion percentage (but not 100%) but very low yards per attempt.

Americas Team 11-25-2020 08:19 AM

All Madden is cheese! Cpu Qb's are unstoppable no matter their rating they complete 80-90 percent of their passes. Try changing the difficulty to All Pro and adjusting the sliders to make it more difficult for you.

Vanilla_Gorilla 11-25-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americas Team (Post 2050270215)
All Madden is cheese! Cpu Qb's are unstoppable no matter their rating they complete 80-90 percent of their passes. Try changing the difficulty to All Pro and adjusting the sliders to make it more difficult for you.

Don’t be concerned with completion percentage. I like realistic stats just as anyone but I kind of agree with the slider guys in that it’s a useless stat. I’m only concerned with Completion Percentage in the Sim Stats at the end of the season cause last year’s edition I saw constantly 10-15 QB’s with completion percentages north of 75%. That’s just impossible.

Be more concerned with HOW theyre getting their completions in game. If they’re constantly checking down, then that’s kind of par for the course. But if they’re constantly completing 15-20yd passes in heavy traffic then you need to adjust your sliders.

The flow and feel of the game is what matters most.

khaliib 11-25-2020 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ZCV rating not MCV will greatly minimize this issue as it was driving me up the wall also.

I would max edit MCV/PRS/STR of CB’s only to see these didn’t work.

Knowing that ZCV rating is the reaction rating to 1) QB Throw 2) Release of ball, I utilize this chart from MUTLeaks noting the delay based on ZCV rating.

I edit CB and LB’s using the charts 90-95-99 Rule and to my surprise, it puts players right there in the hip-pocket or are taking an undercutting path upon the Loss Press Animation at the LOS.

Because it’s a reaction-to-ball rating, a lot more variation of WR vs CB/LB 2-man coverage animations are triggering.

The other thing is that because ZCV is heavily weighted in the “knockout” formula, the higher 90-99 helps to bring some catch/knockout balance back after the Update that minimized knockouts due to complaints.

If you want to run a Zone Coverage Scheme, couple this with high AWR rating so defenders will cover their Zone responsibility without being drastically modified by a lower AWR rating.

jcar0725 11-25-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaliib (Post 2050270468)
ZCV rating not MCV will greatly minimize this issue as it was driving me up the wall also.

I would max edit MCV/PRS/STR of CB’s only to see these didn’t work.

Knowing that ZCV rating is the reaction rating to 1) QB Throw 2) Release of ball, I utilize this chart from MUTLeaks noting the delay based on ZCV rating.

I edit CB and LB’s using the charts 90-95-99 Rule and to my surprise, it puts players right there in the hip-pocket or are taking an undercutting path upon the Loss Press Animation at the LOS.

Because it’s a reaction-to-ball rating, a lot more variation of WR vs CB/LB 2-man coverage animations are triggering.

The other thing is that because ZCV is heavily weighted in the “knockout” formula, the higher 90-99 helps to bring some catch/knockout balance back after the Update that minimized knockouts due to complaints.

If you want to run a Zone Coverage Scheme, couple this with high AWR rating so defenders will cover their Zone responsibility without being drastically modified modified.

I agree with this. I spend almost all my XP points for DB, LB, and FS on Zone Coverage in order to build up their ZCV skills......and I play a predominantly zone scheme. Combine that with a killer pass rush and you'll hold down the opponent's passing game quite well, to where they are only completing little 5 yard check downs.

Of course, difficulty level matters, I use sliders and play a level between All Pro and All Madden.

timhere1970 11-25-2020 03:50 PM

I don't know who you user but I always control somebody assigned to rush the passed. I don't rush the passed I play coverage. This means the cpu does not know what you are going to do. It helps. If you simply user a defensive end and drop him at the snap into the slant lane it will stop it. I don't just use linemen though, I use linebackers and defensive backs assigned to blitz and usually try to control the short the short and intermediate middle of the field. Same as a chess board. The key to defense is usering someone and doing something different than that which is assigned. If I want to user blitz I use someone assigned to play a zone.