Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Pro Strategy Football 2022 is out! (/forums/showthread.php?t=991914)

apollo1980 09-04-2021 08:20 AM

Pro Strategy Football 2022 is out!

Pro Strategy Football 2022.

A coaching/franchise sim/single season/exhibition college and pro football game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...Football_2022/

This year, 53 player rosters were added (older 43 player roster still supported.)

A whole bunch of enhancements made to the game, including improved AI and better player animations on the field. They also added playbooks, more plays, added functions to career play, added the ability to play exhibition games with teams from completely different leagues, player cards for every player, with the ability to add pictures for players and coaches.

Game comes with 32 team generic pro league and 130 team generic college league, but the game is fully moddable.

The mod community has made the following for FREE to download, at the following site:

https://apollo1980.wixsite.com/psfteams21/2022seasons

130 team Division I College Football mod, with actual colleges and logos (generic players)

1948 NFL/AAFC season
ALL NFL SEASONS FROM 1950-2020. Yep, ALL OF THEM.
2021 league will be available before the actual beginning of week 1 of the NFL. Modders are just getting started editing, as they were waiting for the final 53 player rosters to be announced.
1974 WFL
1983 and 1984 USFL
2019 CFL
2020 XFL

Also available for FREE from the modders is the PICTURE PACK, which has pictures of all coaches and almost all players from 1948-today, for display in the player cards and coaching information while in the game!

Matt23134 09-08-2021 12:07 PM

Re: Pro Strategy Football 2022 is out!

I will probably pick this up soon. Kerry is a great developer and very active in the Steam forums. I wish there was a college career option, but that would be a monumental ask for a one-man dev team. PSF is a great series. Strongly recommend it nonetheless.

sadams33 09-08-2021 05:54 PM

there is a college mod for it

ProStrategyFootball 09-08-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt23134 (Post 2050456500)
I will probably pick this up soon. Kerry is a great developer and very active in the Steam forums. I wish there was a college career option, but that would be a monumental ask for a one-man dev team. PSF is a great series. Strongly recommend it nonetheless.

So ... on the one hand, you can play college in Single Season mode (I do, and love it). However, yeah, when I tried going to career mode, it became really big very quickly. First, supporting more than 32 teams is going to cause career sizes on disk to explode, but I think that's acceptable. Where I really run into problems is that I need to redesign the "draft" from 7 rounds to something very different. Having players retire at 22 isn't bad, but since you could lose a lot of players, I need to think about that. Maybe a 32 round draft? I don't know yet.

And the current flow is set up to require two conferences of equal sizes so that it can easily automate the post-season. I need to think about that, too.

Personally, I would love to add this for the 2023 version, and I'm going to need a lot of input on features and logic, so please feel free to send me ideas!

Thanks for the comments, have a great day!

kamagate 09-18-2021 03:50 AM

A few questions about the game.

1. Is there player progression in the franchise mode (young players getting better, older players declining)?
2. Is it possible to have custom draft classes (if you start a career in 1960 can you have Fran Tarkenton in the draft for the next season)?
3. Follow up question to the one above, are there draft classes from different years that you can download?
4. Can you change the league structure from year to year in franchise mode (add expansion teams and so on)?

Basically what I want to know is if its possible to play through an alternate history version of the NFL/AFL (but with real players)?

ProStrategyFootball 09-19-2021 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamagate (Post 2050466653)
A few questions about the game.

1. Is there player progression in the franchise mode (young players getting better, older players declining)?
2. Is it possible to have custom draft classes (if you start a career in 1960 can you have Fran Tarkenton in the draft for the next season)?
3. Follow up question to the one above, are there draft classes from different years that you can download?
4. Can you change the league structure from year to year in franchise mode (add expansion teams and so on)?

Basically what I want to know is if its possible to play through an alternate history version of the NFL/AFL (but with real players)?

Players do age, so younger players generally improve and as players get older, they eventually slow down (and that's position-based), and even retire.

You can edit draft classes, so you certainly can put Tarkenton in a draft pool!

One thing I'd love to do next year is let you import custom leagues instead of drafting. For example, if I coach '75 Dallas, then I would like to have the option to import the custom '76 league rather than having the draft (hard part would be making sure player ids match, so I'd have to work with mod creators, and we have some ideas on this), and then have Tony Dorsett, etc.

But in the meantime, you could create custom draft pools to get close.

Thanks!

kamagate 09-20-2021 03:35 PM

Ok, thanks for the answers. I think I'll pick it up and give it a try.

ProStrategyFootball 09-20-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamagate (Post 2050468619)
Ok, thanks for the answers. I think I'll pick it up and give it a try.

Thanks! Let me know how it goes, and have fun!