Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em(?) (/forums/showthread.php?t=992485)

AIRJ23 09-16-2021 02:13 AM

Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em(?)

A move I use a lot is posting a player up, especially on the perimeter (a’la MJ) and spinning off them to get to the hole. Works like a charm in 21. In 22 my player just crosses the ball under his legs and faces the defender. Drives me nuts. Am I doing something wrong?

jyoung 09-16-2021 03:17 AM

Re: Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em

In 2K22, post spins can only be done by rotating the right stick.

adamspag 09-16-2021 03:21 AM

Re: Trying to spin off a player when posting up. Instead I just turn around & face em

Its always been the right stick has it not?

AIRJ23 09-16-2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jyoung (Post 2050464856)
In 2K22, post spins can only be done by rotating the right stick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamspag (Post 2050464858)
Its always been the right stick has it not?

In 2021 next Gen I’d just back into them, and use the left stick to spin around them.

So I can do the same thing in 22 by using the right stick?

AIRJ23 09-16-2021 03:30 AM

Also, MJ and others had their signature combos triggered by simply holding up the right stick in 21. MJ has a between the legs combo he does. How do I trigger that entire combo in 22? I see he has that exact combo in his signatures. The control help screen says to tap the R stick in different directions to trigger it, but how to I get the animation where keeps dribbling between the legs? When I tap R, naturally it keeps doing different dribble moves.

AIRJ23 09-16-2021 05:23 AM

Can’t seem to figure it out with the right stick.

If I rotate the right stick I either fake to a side or lock up into a shooting animation. Can’t seem to back into an opponent and spin off him to drive to the hole. Am I doing something wrong. Or maybe they disabled it because it made driving too easy?

Oba 09-16-2021 05:32 AM

Take a look towards the end of this video:

https://youtu.be/Wedhu9cIr90

AIRJ23 09-16-2021 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oba (Post 2050464885)
Take a look towards the end of this video:

https://youtu.be/Wedhu9cIr90

Interesting, thanks. My ADD is having a hard time deciphering what exactly he’s doing.

Can someone describe exactly how to do it? Seems like he’s saying turning the sticks in opposite clockwise directions but it doesn’t work for me.